8

You slowly lift into consciousness, opening your eyes.

You slept better last night than you ever had before, you thought, sleeping lines all over your face.

It was then that you noticed the arm around your shoulders, holding your back up against someone. Your eyes widen, but then the events of last night slowly come back to you.

He was actually kind? Emotional? Not a snobby, stuck up, perverted boy.

It was almost too good to be true.

You just hoped some of that would magically carry into today, you thought, as you snuggled back next to Draco's chest.

He's still asleep, but you feel his arm wrap tighter around you, and you smile, feeling protected.

You've almost dozed off again when you hear him stir.

"Hrgh. Y/n?" he asks, his voice still raspy from sleep.

"Mm?" you mumble back.

"Come on, lets go eat, I'm starved."

"Wanna get some more oatmeal?" you say, teasing.

"Its six in the damn morning can you please give it a rest."

"No."

He groans and you feel him slowly sit up. "Shut up."

"Mmmm... no," you grumble, turning over on your other side to face him.

He frowns, his once perfect hair is now sticking out at all angles. "Fine. You can starve," he huffs, walking out of the room.

You hear his footsteps echo down the hall. A part of you really thought he was going to stay.

You're only a little bit hurt. It is Draco, after all.

You try to fall back asleep, but it's freezing without his warmth.

You slowly start to move, dragging yourself up off the ground and walking out the door.

"I knew that little ferret would leave me here. See how he likes it when I-"

"BLUDGER!" he yells, jumping out at you from behind the door.

"OH MY GOD CAN YOU NOT! ITS DEADASS SIX IN THE MORNING YOU LITTLE-"

You're cut off again, this time by his hand around your neck. "You were saying?" he says, eyeing you up and down and smirking.

You can only sputter, secretly loving this.

"No one has to hear you scream, especially at this hour," he says, letting go and sauntering ahead. "Except me."

"Don't get too ahead of yourself, Draco," you say, rolling your eyes.

The Draco you knew was back.

The two of you slowly made your way down to the dining hall, bantering back and forth.

"I cant take this anymore," you groan after a while.

"Should've saved that for tonight, y/n."

You bump your shoulder into him. "Sure thing, ferret boy. How do we know that didn't have any lasting effects hm?" You question, your innocent smile hiding your dirty thoughts.