When he was sure that everyone has already retired, Renato decided to walk around the estate. Deep inside, he felt that something is off in this double crossing mission. He felt that ending Vongola will not only cause an uproar in the mafia world, and that a huge part of himself will be lost. Like a piece of his history.

He stopped at the inside of the withered garden maze, just a few steps away from the entrance. He then continued his musings there.

"Estraneo's Mission... There's just something about this mission just doesn't feel right. Does giving Vongola their supposed ending be worth it?" He sighed, "No, stop thinking like that. What matters is that you finish it. Mission is mission," he convinced himself. 

He was about to return when he heard someone sobbing at the bushes beside the maze's entrance. He was surprised but not really, when he saw Vongola's decimo crying. He then leveled himself to the crying mess.

"Oi, why are you crying?" He asked as he patted the boy's head and offered a handkerchief.

Tsuna looked up to his de-aged mentor and cried even further, "Don't... don't do this... please don't leave me Reborn... I can't-- without you I just can't...," He then clung to his mentor.

Despite being caught off guard, a flustered Renato hugged Tsuna in an attempt to console him. He then gave off a fake smile but was turned into a real one, "Now, what makes you think that I'll leave you, Sawada?" His tone was filled with fondness and tease.

'How cute, he looks so adorable when he's crying. No wonder why my older self tends to bully him. If he keeps looking like this, I might have to keep him in a cage.'

"Aren't you the Solana Reaper? I heard you muttering words about Vongola, worth, and endings. It's a lie right? I'm... I'm just assuming things right? This... This was... was just a misunderstanding right?" Tsuna asked feeling in denial.

Renato hid his joy since he knew that he can take advantage of Tsuna's denial. Wiping the boy's tears and hugging him tighter, he whispered on his ear, "Of course I'm not the reaper, I beg you, don't misunderstand me, Decimo. I was simply worried if Estraneo's plan in giving Vongola a painful ending really worth it."

"Heh. Are you sure that that is the real reason? You... you're not double... double crossing us ri... right?" The decimo said between his sobs.

The hitman started to rub circles on Tsuna's back in an attempt to calm him down. "You have such little faith in me, Decimo. You have your hyper intuition, don't you? Why don't you use that? If I'm really a traitor, wouldn't you feel alarmed by now?"

"You... you're right. I'm sorry for doubting...you... hnn..." Renato caught the brunette after he fell asleep crying.

"My, how defenseless you are, Tsuna. It makes me wonder why you're a mafia boss, or is it because you have put such a huge trust in me? You shouldn't be too trusting Decimo, betrayal is a tougher pill to take than simple assassination." The younger Solana Reaper whispered, the last line spoken in French.

He then picked the young don up to return him to his room. After a few twists and turns around the halls, he finally found Tsuna's room. Carefully, he placed the young man on the bed. He gave the sleeping figure a small smirk and decided to leave the room. As he turned around, he felt a tug on his sleeve.
___________________________

Giotto and Simon were sitting in the dark, inside the estate's library. Both were wearing serious expressions.

"I think we should head back to Italy, Gio. Convincing him to change won't work. I know you're worried that the youngsters will question the change in our plans but... they don't even know the real reason behind the travel. All they know is that we went here to meet someone. A person that doesn't even exist!"