l a b i n g - p a t o n g

The next day Eddie didn't attend school again because he 'didn't want to spread his germs.' Richie walked to school with his friends again. After school he walked back home to call Eddie and make sure he was okay. His mom was out or town for a few days and Eddie was staying home alone. Richie tried to offer his company while Sonia was gone but Eddie kept saying he didn't to get him sick.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come over?" Richie asked.

"No, I told you I don't want to get you sick."

"Are you sure?" Richie didn't like that Eddie was staying alone for so long, especially since he was sick.

"Yes, Im sure." Eddie smiled. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Go hang out with your friends."

"I feel bad that you're alone at home. All sick and shit. What if you fall or something?"

"I have the flu, not polio."

Richie met up with Beverly, Stan and Bill after he finished his call with Eddie. They rode their bikes all around Derry looking for things to do.

"Was that really necessary?" Stan slapped the condom out of Richies hand and onto the ground.

"Dude what the fuck?" Richie looked down at the condom on the ground. He pushed his glasses up his nose, shoving Stan right after.

"Why do you even have these? It's not like you're going to need them." Stan shoved Richie back. He reached into his pocket and opened another condom, blowing it up like a balloon.

"S-S-Seriously why do you have th-these?" Bill chuckled.

"They handed them out during Science yesterday." Richie threw the 'balloon' at Beverly who smacked it back to Richie.

"Ew, it's slimey." Beverly rubbed her fingers together.

"They're supposed to be." Richie rubbed some of the lube on Bills shirt.

They walked down to the pharmacy to pick up some of Stan's anxiety medication. Richie and Beverly decided to wait outside for them and look after their bikes.

"The sky's such a nice color." Beverly looked up. Her eyes widened realizing what she had just said.

Richie whipped his head around to look at her, his eyes wide as well.

"You can see color?" Richie stared at her deciding if he was confused or happy. He found it strange that she never told him that she had found her soulmate, but then again he was keeping that same secret.

Beverly looked at Richie and down at her handlebars, scratching at the rubber. She nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I haven't seen you in a month, when was I going to tell you." She chuckled shortly, still picking at the rubber.

"Jesus Beverly, you know where I live." Richie scoffed.

"You know where I live." Beverly looked up at him. Richie nodded in defeat, looking off to the building next to them. She was right, neither of them had made an effort to see each other.

Richie looked at the ground, poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue.

"You're right. Sorry."

"It's fine." She shook her head, shrugging.

"How long have you been able to see color?" Richie asked.

Beverly looked back into the pharmacy to see that Bill and Stan were still in line.

"A few months now." Beverly looked down, her words barely audible.