a p a t

Eddie rushed to the front of the school, excited to see Richie.  He wasn't just excited because he found his soulmate and got to see colors. He was just excited to have found his soulmate. Eddie had tried dating boys in the past but they all pushed him away, teasing him and calling him names. He was happy to finally find the person that actually loved him and was meant to be with him. He'd waited for his happily ever after and he was getting it.

Richie walked out of his class, as slow as possible. He was debating on meeting with Eddie, even though he was the one that had the idea to meet.

He made me see colors. It's him.

Richie was scared. He couldn't pinpoint of what, but he was scared. He'd never dated anyone, especially not a boy. As much as he was attracted to Eddie he was still afraid.

As he got closer to the front of the school he saw Eddie standing there with a small smile on his face, looking for Richie. He felt bad leaving him like that.

"Richie," Eddie walked over to him, smiling wider. "That's your name right?"

Richie nodded, smiling back.

"My house isn't too far from here," Eddie started walking, Richie followed after.

"I have some really good ideas for our project," Eddie started. "Since the topic is love,"

Richie cheeks started to heat up.

"I started thinking about some questions we could work around." Eddie looked up at the freckled boy.

"Let me hear them." Richie said.

"Okay, 'How do you define love' or 'How can you be sure you love someone?'" Thinking of these questions weren't a challenge for Eddie, they've been questions he's always had. There was no one better to discuss this with than his soulmate.

"Those are good." Richie nodded approvingly.

"Did you have any other ideas?" Eddie asked.

"They sound stupid next to yours." Richie didn't have any ideas. He barely knew what the assignment was about.

"There's no such thing as a bad idea." Eddie smiled.

"We'll just got with one of your ideas." Richie said.

The rest of the way to Eddie's house, Eddie couldn't help but think about his life with Richie. How there wouldn't be any more stress to find the person that loved him. He was also excited to see color and find out what his favorite color was.

Eddie saw color the moment he walked into the classroom, but only for a second. He didn't get to see all of them. When Richie came up to his to tell him they were partners, they both got the same headache. Eddie knew Richie was the one.

While Eddie fantasized about his life with Richie, he realized that he and Richie hadn't actually talked about it. They were both still acting like strangers and as comfortable Eddie felt around him, he couldn't seem to say the same about Richie.

rack city started playing while i wrote this

i also broke a mop today while i was mad and now i feel bad