w a l o

Eddie couldn't wait for 6th period, his psychology class, it was the only class he had with Richie.

He hadn't see him all day, and he really wanted to talk to him.

Richie had been avoiding it. As happy as he was to have found Eddie and realize he was gay, he wasn't ready to tell anyone.

Eddie walked around, hoping time would go by faster.

6th period

Eddie walked in a little earlier than usual. He'd walk around and stall because he didn't like being there early, now he did.

Eddie sat by his place near the window, staring at the door, waiting for him to come in.

Beverly walked in and sat at her usually place.

Then Richie walked in.

Eddie smiled as Richie walked to his seat. Richie looked over at him and gave him a quick small smile. That was enough for Eddie to swoon over him all of class.

"Your hair looks nice today." Richie said, amazed. He never knew Bev had red hair.

"Thanks?" She chuckled. "I brushed it."

He took time to really look at her.

She had bright blue eyes and light freckles. She was pretty.

"What?" She laughed uncomfortably. Richie was looking at her for a little too long.

"Nothing." He shrugged, smiling.

"Pop a pill or something, Toizer." She chuckled, pushing him away.

After class Eddie walked over to Richie, feeling nervous which was odd. Eddie wasn't intimated by Richie before.

"Hi." Eddie smiled up at Richie.

"Hi." Richie smiled back.

"Can we talk?" Eddie asked. Richie nodded.

"So," Eddie started. "About yesterday-"

"Maybe not here." Richie interrupted. Eddie nodded. They agreed to talk at Eddie's house.

While they walked, Eddie tried bringing it up again. Richie looked around, hoping no one could hear him. He just nodded and gave short responses.

Once they got there, they both walked into Eddie's room.

"We kissed yesterday." Eddie said. Richie nodded, not knowing how else to respond.

"And we both saw colors after." He continued. "Right?"

Richie nodded again. To his surprise, he didn't really want to have this conversation. He never knew how awkward it would be when you found your soulmate. He didn't think they had conservations like this, he thought they just kissed, saw colors then got married. Turns out it was more complicated than that.

"So, were soulmates." Eddie smiled. "But we don't know anything about each other."

"Yeah, that is kind of weird." Richie chuckled.

"Well, I was thinking, maybe we should get to know each other. So that things aren't so awkward." Eddie suggested.

"So you want to like, go on dates?" Richie asked. He regretted it, thinking it sounded dumb and awkward to say.

Way to go, buttfuck.

"I mean, sure?" Eddie shrugged. "It's just, we're going to spend time together with the project but just as, partners. Not as..."