Chapter 5

As I woke up, I took a shower, brushed my teeth, got changed, took a painkiller, and tied my hair into a ponytail. Today was going to be my first day at a new school so I wanted to make a good impression. Yesterday, Adrian told me that there were tryouts for extracurricular activities. From my basic knowledge, I was assuming that there was going to be things like cheerleading, track, and sports that I could try out for.

As I went downstairs, I made sure to grab my backpack which was filled with school supplies and money. The idea of purchasing bandages and painkillers was still fresh in my mind as I thought out a plan to get them without Adrian, Gavin, or Cole noticing. Since Adrian was in the year above me, there was a low chance that he had knowledge of what I was doing. I don't think that Gavin would care about what I was doing either – it didn't take a genius to figure out that he didn't like me. And Cole, he seemed to care more about girls than watching me. I didn't mind, considering that at least he would back off.

"Good morning Sierra," Adrian said as he handed me a bagel with cream cheese. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, thanks for asking. Where's Jett and Stefano?" I replied, taking the bagel.

"They left to go to work."

"Obviously, otherwise how could they make money? Also Adrian, what's the update about Stefano's girlfriend? Did they make up yet? I swear, they're so toxic that it's like mixing oil and water. The point is, they just aren't compatible. Fighting over their living situation was just hilarious. I've never seen Stefano act so calm in my lifetime while being pissed."

"I don't know, Gavin. And you know how Stefano is with his girlfriend. He wants her to move in with us but she doesn't want to. She currently works in Stefano's corporation as a Chief Marketing Officer but doesn't want to live with him. It's strange, but I don't think that they're toxic. You know that Stefano has a stressful job and sometimes gets anxious. Arguing about the living situation was just the icing on the cake."

"Yeah but whenever they argue, it's so annoying. How did they even meet?"

"They met after Father gave Stefano the responsibility of his company. Before then, his girlfriend was considered an extremely good worker so she got promoted to being the head of marketing. When Stefano had a meeting with each of the sections, apparently, he was attracted to her. At first, she didn't return the same feelings, but after a while, she gave in and started dating him. They might not be compatible in a relationship, but they blend well in a corporation."

"I've only met her once and it was so annoying when Stefano kept looking at her constantly. He looks at her the same way I look at my motorcycles. Never in my life have I pegged Stefano to be the romantic type. That guy is bipolar."

"Cole, that's a terrible analogy and if you don't want me to tell him that, I highly suggest that you shut up. Once you fall in love, then you'll know how Stefano feels."

"Bullshit, I'll jump off a cliff before that happens. Adrian, I prefer the plural form of the word woman over the singular form. I'm a ladies' man, they like me and I like them."

As Gavin snorted at Cole's remark, Adrian put his hand to his face and sighed. I felt bad for him – managing the three of us alone seemed to be extremely difficult.

"Let's just go to the car. It's six forty-five and School starts at seven-thirty."

"Adrian, why the hell are we leaving at an earlier time?"

"Because Gavin, we need to get Sierra's schedule and show her where to find her locker before first period begins."

After getting into the car, Adrian and Cole sat in the front as Gavin and I sat in the back. I just knew that this car ride was not going to end well.