Chapter 27

"Why do you care?" Gavin asked. "Last time I checked, it's none of your business."

"Quiet, Gavin," Jett warned. "This is serious."

"What are you, Ming-Ming from the Wonder Pets?" Gavin snorted. Diego burst into laughter, and his eyes widened when he saw all of us staring at him.

"What? I liked that show," he defended. "No need to act all suspicious."

"Anyways, who is that?" Santiago interrupted, then made eye contact with me. "Do you have a name?"

"My name's Sierra," I said while looking at him.

"What's your relationship to the Rossi family?"

"I'm—

"She's our sister," Stefano glared. "However, I'd appreciate it if you stopped asking questions."

"Wait, Sierra, is that you?" Isabella asked. "I didn't even recognize you. You look different... different in a good way, of course."

"You two know each other?" Santiago questioned.

"Yeah, we sometimes talk at school."

"Sierra's also in Damon's history class," Diego smirked. "I'm pretty sure the two of them are pretty good friends, if you know what I mean." Really, Diego? Jett coughed, Damon grimaced, and Santiago looked even more pissed.

"Did you have to bring that up?" Damon facepalmed. "She's not my girlfriend for crying out loud."

"I hope not," Santiago remarked. "Unless you have a death wish."

"Shut up, Santiago. Diego was just being a dick like usual. There's nothing between us. Right, Sierra?" he asked, then looked at me.

"Yeah, nothing's going on," I said. "There's no need to get all worked up over a stupid rumor. Diego was just messing around."

"Well rest in peace to that pact if it wasn't a rumor," Diego smirked. "Who knows what would happen then?"

"Diego, you're really tempting me," Santiago grumbled. "I won't hesitate to shoot you if you keep acting like this."

"Calm down, Santiago," Stefano sighed. "There's no need to get worked up over what a child's saying."

"When I've known that child for over a decade, then there's an issue."

"Uh guys, why don't we just settle this somewhere else?" Isabella asked. "This isn't the place to talk about whatever you're talking about. But what's so important about the pact?"

"Basically, we're not supposed to talk with the Rossi family outside of school," Damon remarked. "And considering we're not in school right now, that pact's broken."

"Why was that pact even created?"

"Because love makes people do stupid things," Santiago stated. "We should discuss this elsewhere, a restaurant isn't a good place to talk. How about after dinner ends, we go to my house?"

"Don't you mean 'our' house, Santiago? You know, considering that you aren't there a lot?" Diego sarcastically asked until Santiago gave him a death stare. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

* * *

Dinner finished, and we were on our way to Santiago's house. When we were in our neighborhood, I got nervous at the possibility that Rosa would recognize me and then, Santiago would be even more suspicious of me. Although Santiago was the older brother of Damon and Isabella, considering that I liked the two of them, he gave me the impression of being an intimidating and high-maintenance person. I had the gut feeling that he wasn't the type of guy that someone would want to mess with.