it's a 'date'?

it was lunch break now and y/n was walking to the detention room.

she was just staring at the ground then looked up.

she saw three girls talking and laughing with daniel. one of them was ali. ali is johnny's ex she dislikes y/n because she thought y/n hit on johnny when she really didn't.

and now she was talking to daniel.

y/n was sort of jealous she didn't know why. she just ignored it and went to the detention class.

she looked around for a seat then sat at the back row.

daniel came in 4 minutes later, looking for y/n. once he saw her he smiled and waved.

he walked towards her, but ali came through the door.

they both made eye contact, then daniel went to go sit with her.

y/n felt some sort of disappointment and sadness. she just put her head down and went to sleep while she heard her and daniel whispering and giggling.

-
the "next day"

y/n got ready and dress as usual, ate some cereal then rode her bike to school.

she was locking her bike when she heard a "hey" y/n turned around.

"oh hey, daniel.." y/n said and faked a smile. y/n and daniel haven't really talked, ever since she saw ali with him.

"i know we haven't been talked, why y/n?" daniel asked.

"i don't know.." y/n said.

"maybe because you started hanging out with ali."

"ali?" daniel said. "what's wrong wit-"

"oh heyy daniel! haha" ali said moving y/n aside.

y/n looked at ali in disgust who told her she could do that?

"hi, ali" daniel said, looking at y/n. ali looked at y/n then at daniel.

"umm did you want to walk with me to class?" ali asked with a soft smile.

"um no, not today actually, i'm gonna walk with y/n." daniel said.

ali looked at y/n up and down then snickered.

"what?" y/n said to ali. "you have a little something" ali said and pointed to her head and walked away.

daniel looked at y/n's head "ohh i got ya, y/n." he took a little leaf twig from a tree off of her head.

"oh my god was that there the whole time?" y/n panicked.

"nah i didn't even see it" daniel chuckled and they both walked to 1st period.

-

it was now 7th period, history class and daniel was a few rows in front of y/n.

she was staring at daniel he's so attractive y/n says to herself in her mind. "now the stock market crash started in 1929 and ended in 1939." the teacher was explaining.

his smile is everything y/n thought. the teacher noticed y/n wasn't paying attention.

"now y/n when did the stock market crash end?" the teacher asked. daniel turned around looked at y/n, waiting for her to answer.

y/n was still gazing at him. god he's so dreamy. "y/n?" the teacher asked. "oh yeah sorry, mr.h" y/n said, still looking at daniel when daniel looked away. "what was the question?" y/n said. she could barley hear the teacher answer.

it all sounded so blurry. "yeah, yeah daniel is dreamy um.." y/n muttered softly, slowly zoning out. "pardon?" the teacher said, with a confused look. y/n snapped back to reality.

"shoot- did i say that out loud?" y/n said nervously and saw daniel get sorta red. "yes, you did say that." y/n's face was pure redness, she put her hands on her face. "so when did the crash end, y/n"

"uhhh i think it's 194-"

"1939." daniel said, cutting y/n off. "it ended in 1939" he looked at her, with a half smile on his face, kind of blushing.
-
class ended and school was out for the weekend.

y/n was walking out still thinking about that moment. ugh it was so embarrassing.

she saw daniel walking ahead, he was looking around and y/n's and daniel's eyes met.

when it happened, she got butterflies.

she quickly looked straight foward, walking quickly.

all of the sudden she was walking too fast and she tripped.

"woah there, y/n" daniel said, helping her pick up the books.

y/n was so embarrassed, again.

"i heard what you said earlier.." daniel said looking at y/n trying not to smile.

"ohh.. that.. yeah.. sorry.." her face got so red again.

"no no, it's fine." he paused for a second.

"listen, i was wondering if you wanted to hangout tonight?" he said and smiled.

y/n's face brightened up. "YES! um.. i mean yes.." daniel laughed.

"okay, it's a date?" he said, sounding excited.

"yes!" y/n says.

"i'll give you my address!" y/n says scrambling for a paper.

she finds a paper and gives him her address

"okay, bye y/n." daniel smiles.

"bye."

they both went their seprate ways. when daniel left, y/n squealed for a seccond then calmed down.