halloween dance

i'm there in the bathroom, fixing my hair frantically. daniel is waiting patiently for me to open the door.

after what seemed like 30 minutes, i'm finally done fixing my self and open the door.

"yeah?" i say behind the door.

"i just wanted to check up on you.. did I scare you or somethin?" daniel asks hesitantly.

"no it's just.. i'm kind of nervous" I say quietly.

"why?" daniel questions. i take a breath.

"daniel, i can't tell you now. okay? maybe some other time." i didn't want to tell daniel now, i couldn't. there was no way i was gonna tell daniel i had a huge fat crush on him when he obviously likes the prettiest girl in the world.

"why not?"

"because daniel i don't wanna make a fool of myself." i reply, walking past daniel and going to his room to sit on his bed.

"y/n, you wont make a fool of yourself. just tell me!" daniel says, following me.

"NO!" i shout. daniel's eyes widen and we get silent. "daniel i'm sorry-" i whisper, but he just stays silent. this was my que to get the hell out.

"look I should go, okay? i'm just- sorry." I mutter.

-

three weeks later

the cool fall breeze can be heard from outside. it's halloween today and the dance is in 15 minutes.

i'm going to be samantha baker from 16 candles. me and my mom already went shopping to get the clothes. i put on my floral dress, along with a navy blue shirt.

"how do I look" i smile as i walk out my bedroom door.

"you look great honey! don't forget your hat." my mom says from the kitchen.

"oh shoot, forgot!" i say and quickly walk to my room for my hat.

i grab my bike from my garage and ride out to school. it's cold, but i ignore it. afterall, the school is down the street. i hold my hat and ride to school.

i finally arrive at the school. the music is loud, but not too loud.

in the back of my mind i was hoping that i would run into daniel. but another part of me was slightly mad at him for not talking to me ever since the argument.

i walk into the gym room and there is already a crowd of students dancing and chatting. the music from a band rings around the room.

i look around at other people's costumes, there's skeletons, witches, angels. ugh, ali's here. i thought she'd be too good for dances. i look away and walk to the food area.

fruit punch, doritos, and candy sit on the table. i take some gum and go out to the dance floor to listen to the band play.

"please answer me, oooo.."

suddenly, a shower curtain traps me in a small space. i whip my head around, frightened, only to see daniel grinning.

"hey stranger." daniel chuckles.

"daniel!" i beam, wrapping my hands around his neck. i quickly take them off, realizing what i had just done.

"sorry." i mutter. i haven't seen him in weeks and i'm already getting too comfortable around him.

"no y/n, i'm sorry." he slowly trails his hands down my waist and grips it, giving me butterflies in my stomach. "look i shouldn't have disappeared on you like that, or make you say something you didn't want to say."

i wrap my arms around his neck once again, we slowly sway to the music while talking. "the reason i hid was because the day after the argument, those douchebags jumped me. i was not only hiding from them, i was hiding from you.." he sighs.

"why?" i question.

"cause, y/n i thought you were mad at me and thought you needed some space."

"daniel, no, i thought you were mad at me-" before i could finish my sentence, the curtain got teared open and a dude in a chicken costume smashed a egg on my head.

"oh my god." i laugh, looking at daniel.

"i'll be right back." i say, and head to the girls restroom to clean off the mess on my head.