~ Part 28 ~

꧁༒☬𝓨𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵
𝓪𝓷𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓫𝓮 𝓵𝓾𝓬𝓴𝔂 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝓽.

                             𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓼 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓭𝓸☬༒꧂

Now back at your mother's house, you were busy helping her set up everything for the party, running around frantically; Dabi and Jason having escaped the workload, by heading to a pub of some sorts.

"Stupid, lazy bastards", you angrily mumbled to yourself as you brought the plates outside, your bare feet leaving footprints in the sand. The whole thing was set up only a few meters from the house. You set down the plates into one of the cabinets behind the large, wooden bar that your mom had managed to organize out of nowhere. The grass roof that covered it, rustled every now and then as the soft, salty breeze from the waves just several meters away blew through it.

The soft wind graced your skin as you stood still for a moment, inhaling the familiar scent. You smiled a little to yourself, the aroma calming.

Back inside, you momentarily watched your mother try and make the snacks at the speed of light. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say that it was your friends who were throwing a party?", you mumbled, taking out the salad from the fridge.

You mother chuckled. "They are Y/N, but I offered to help".

"I don't see them helping though".

"They're coming soon. Claire and them are busy getting the music preparations and the others are all making food themselves. Oh, and the neighbour's down the street offered to go get more tables and chairs".

"The neighbour's?", you sent your mom a confused look as you washed the salad. She laughed. "Have you already forgotten how small the community is?".

You took out the salad and started chopping it up. You chuckled. "Maybe a little", you shifted the chopped pieces over to one side, "what about the fact that the party is being hosted at your place?".

"Well, I am the only one that owns a little bit of land here at the beach".

You pursed your lips. The reason behind that making the events from yesterday sting at your mind. It wasn't your mother who had bought this small area of land by herself. It had been an anniversary gift from him to her; back when everything had still been okay.

◇♧♧♧◇

The sun slowly started to descend, bathing everything in a golden-orange light and adding a mystical and festive touch to the whole thing. It looked stunning. The bar had been elevated onto a stage-like wooden pallet, with bar stools set up in front of it and shelves stocked with drinks and all sorts of cocktail glasses and seemingly endless rows of shot glasses behind it. Out in front of the bar were tables and chairs stuck into the sand, the water washing between the legs. Each table decorated with a small flower in a vase on it. Fairy lights were hung all around the bar and on wires supported by the occasional wooden beam, which surrounded the area with tables and large gas lanterns offering light which tinted everything with dancing shadows. You weren't going to lie; you were pretty much exhausted from the whole set-up.

"Hey sweetie, go and get dressed before the guests arrive", your mother called out to you from the kitchen. You nodded at your mom, leaving to go inside. You opened the door to your old room, walking over to the long couch and picking up the dress, as you did, the music outside started playing.