~ Part 9 ~

꧁༒☬𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓸𝓼;                        
𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵
𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓪 𝓭𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷☬༒꧂

You froze, looking around. "D-Dabi?", you called out, unsure of what to make of the situation. Your heart beat accelerated.

"Hello  . . . ?", you called out, spinning around. You gulped. This was your chance. You could escape. You took a wary step back.

"How good are you at fighting, Y/N?", Dabi's voice suddenly echoed all around like a warning, daring you to escape. You frantically looked around, unable to pinpoint from where his voice was coming. "You-you already know that", you stuttered, "where are you? What are you doing?".

"I don't think that counts", he breathed a laugh, "you were unprepared for my attack". Some noise clattered behind you, making you spin around. You shook your head, breathless. This man was crazy. You let out a nervous laugh. "This is what you consider more prepared?", you called out. No reply but silence. You waited, you heartbeat uncomfortably thundering in your ears.

"Don't you?", his voice was suddenly very close behind you. You whirled around in time to see his malicious, crooked grin before your feet were knocked out from under you. You grunted as you hit the ground hard, yet quickly managed to get back up on your feet.

Dabi had disappeared once more. You wiped away the blood that had started flowing from your lips. A result of accidentally biting them when you fell. To say the least, you were stunned by his speed and stealth. You had greatly underestimated him in that aspect. "Why are you doing this?", you asked, listening closely.

"I'm curious", he replied, his voice coming from somewhere above, "what is it that you have that makes some of the biggest organisations go after you?". Biggest organisations? Before you could ask him what he meant, a blue flame shot up high and large, killing one of the streetlights.

"And your quirk", he continued, his voice suddenly coming from somewhere else above again, "I want to see it in action". Another streetlight popped. The street didn't have many streetlights to begin with. "But you already did", you pointed out, searching for any sign of movement.

"You were holding back", another streetlight behind you went out, "you flung a trash can at me. Nothing more". You scoffed. "You wouldn't want it to go any further than that, believe me". The last streetlight went off. He had killed all the streetlights surrounding you. "I think you misunderstand me", he muttered. He was on the ground again. Somewhere to your left. You had to decide between using your night vision or being able to shoot and enhance your bodily movements and abilities. Using both at the same time would require so much focus that it would ultimately be more of a disadvantage than an advantage. You froze for a second. . . Did he know this?

You decided on leaving your night vision and using your other aspects instead. "You're crazy", you breathed. He chuckled. "Aren't we all a little?".

You heard a strange noise  before a flaming trashcan was sent flying towards you. You stumbled back, swinging your arm in a slicing motion. The darkness was split by a thin, white slash before the trashcan fell to the earth as nothing more than ashes.

You grabbed your arm in pain. You panted. That had required more energy than you remembered and the pain wasn't helping. "Your quirk drains you", he was circling you now, "it causes you pain. I noticed it when you first fought me, but I wasn't sure". You swallowed. So he had known. "Those are some pretty big and shit disadvantages". You let out a mocking laugh. "Like you're one to speak", you retorted, "your quirk doesn't seem to have much more mercy on you than mine does on me".