14

-bella's pov-

i heard a silent knock on the front door. i got up from the couch and ran straight to the door. behind the door stood charli, dressed in a blue hoodie and sweats. you could see all the sadness written all over her face.

"come here" i hugged her, tight.

"i just can't believe he did that to me." she cried on my shoulder.

i invited her in and suggested that we should go to my bedroom upstairs.

i closed the door as charli sat down on my bed, letting tears flow down her cheeks. i ran up to her and embraced her in a warm hug.

i wish i could hit chase with a brick right now..

"you're gonna find someone better, char. i promise." i looked at her.

"thank you, bella, for always being here for me" she looked up to me, referring to all the times i helped her get through things.

"of course, char." i smiled.

· · ───── ·𖥸· ───── · ·

we spent the whole day together, sharing a few stories from our childhood - "and then, dixie just went flying over the trampoline! good thing dad was fast enough to catch her!" she giggled.

"was she okay though?" i asked, laughing along.

"yeah! she had a broken arm, but it was all okay in the end" she nodded.

suddenly, the door swung open, revealing bryce. i think i already knew what he wanted.

"hype. yes or no?" he asked, leaning on the side if the door.

i looked at charli for an answer. she nodded her head signaling a yes.

"yes." we both said in sync and got up from the bed.

the boys were already downstairs, waiting in the front of the house. i smiled, noticing noah.

we all arranged a set of small rules - "no fighting, just talking; you can talk to paparazzi; no demolishing their property" Bryce explained, looking at everyone for an answer.

"got it" we all said and hopped in two cars.

· · ───── ·𖥸· ───── · ·

pulling up next to the hype house, i could notice how sad charli looked.

"we'll be fine. we're just gonna talk" i reassured her.

she smiled and nodded.

all of us hopped out of the cars and walked up to the gate, paparazzi squashing us like little bugs.

the gates were locked, and so bryce and the boys started jumping over them.

"hey bella! what do you think of the stuff going on right now?" the hollywood fix guy asked.

"i don't really want to talk about it" i smiled as bryce called my name, telling me to jump over the tall fence.

i climbed up the wall and jumped down on the grass.