Chapter 9 (edited)

~||Yashiro's PoV||~

"What? How do you know?" Amane stuttered. "Is there a sign?"

I rolled up my sleeve, revealing a big wound, the blood still oozing out slowly. Amane winced, shuddering. After seeing him scared and worried, I comforted, "No, it might just be a false alarm!" I waved my arms at his downcast face, trying to make his adorable face smile like it used to.

"How did you get the wound?" Amane put on his serious face, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I was cutting a ginger with my kitchen knife the other day, that was the only time I remembered using a knife. I couldn't have cut my shoulder from my hand," I explained to him.

"It's just as I thought," Amane rubbed his forehead and turned around, facing away from me. "You are going to.. die."

~||Narrator's PoV||~

"That was what I was trying to tell you-"

"It was a knife wound, so it definitely must be related to me somehow," Amane pondered, his Haku-Joudai circling around him. "We should ask Kou."

"But-" Yashiro wanted to object his idea, but realised if it was from him and regarding ghost-stuff, he was probably right. "Yeah, okay."

Having discussed our next move, Amane walked towards Kou with "I am serious, my girlfriend might die" written all over his face. I meekly trailed behind him, wincing slightly whenever my sleeve grazed my shoulder.

"Hey kid," Amane called urgently, signalling that something was wrong. "Yashiro thinks that she has a sign that she'll..." He mimicked a knife slashing his neck.

That could never have been so true before.

"No, lemme see," Kou asked caringly, a tinge of worry in his voice. He outstretched his arms towards Yashiro, asking for her to reveal the wound. As she rolled up her sleeve once again, she winced, holding in a scream.

"Woah," Kou gasped. "This- This is a sign."

---

From future Author-chan:

Tysm for 1.1k reads and this has definitely encouraged me to write a new fanfiction. You guys can comment on this to recommend to me what to write next! (depending if i watch it because I'm still a minor weeb here).

Also re-reading this is making me cringe Kou u r cringe