Chapter 17

"Ha...na..ko..." Yashiro's voice distorted, I tried to back away, but I hit a hard concrete wall behind me. Mitsuba, Kou, Yashiro. Cornering me. I hope the real Yashiro was okay...

Yashiro's PoV

I was at the bottom of the spiral staircase, my every footstep echoed throughout the musty room. I had lost Hanako somewhere.

The earpiece ....

I tapped my ears and called, "Hanako, you okay there?"

"Yashiro, you're still there? I'm fine, just being-"

Static...

"Cornered by some... Old friends-"

The static continued, but soon his calm yet ordering voice rang once again. "Yashiro, Tsukasa is definitely trying to split us up. Stay where you are."

Then silence...

I followed his instructions, waiting for  him. Then water started appearing on the floor. Makes sense, it's a boundary.

It rised.

To my waist.

To my neck...

"Hanako, Hanako, where are you..." I whispered under my breath as the muddy waters consumed me.

Since when could ghosts drown? Must be damn Tsukasa's magic again or something...

A dark room I was in, I didn't worry the slightest, since I could just turn into a fish and I wouldn't drown, right? But.. it was neck-level, not a single scale formed on my skin. Panic and adrenaline filled my body, every inch of myself was trembling under the freezing water.

I was stuck, nothing I could do to save myself, nothing Hanako could do to save me from my inevitable fate....

Hanako's PoV

I kept my knife back in my pocket. No rules saying I couldn't do otherwise. The once dead bodies on the floor had now had been desintegrated on the floor, only black ashes left littered on the floor.

I tapped my earpiece eagerly. I had finally got myself out of that mess, now time to find my beloved.

"Yashiro," I started, waiting for her usual reply.

Silence...

I shooked it off, probably some connection issue. "Yashiro~" my voice echoed through the now empty bottom of the stairway. Still no answer. Cold sweat formed on my temples, my mind raced for an idea of two to find her.

(If you think I'm overreacting, youll be proven wrong <3)

She's definitely lost somewhere. She can't die, or just disappear right? I fumbled with my fingers, watching the shallow water create ripples as I stepped in it. Cold sweat formed (can ghosts sweat help) on my palms, nervousness creeping in to taunt me. Where could she be?

Yashiro's PoV

I awoke in a black area. Everything around me was pitch black, yet somehow I could see. Did I die? Was this part of Tsukasa's boundary?

Possible answers to these questions raced my mind, I hoped someone could help solve my questions...

Like Hanako always did...

Ugh, I missed him already. Without him, there was this atmosphere of insecurity around me, as if someone were to reach out from the darkness to slice my neck. Like how Tsukasa did..

A banging headache hit me, I rubbed my temples in hope as to get rid of it, but to no avail. I fell to the floor in defeat. "Ah, forget it. I won't be able to find him..."

It seemed like all hope was lost. And of course it seemed like that. Imagine being in an infinite, endless, black pit.

Was this Hell? The far shore? I tried to piece the puzzle together, hoping I'd come up with a solution that made sense. My earpiece was there, just damaged, since of course it short circuited in the water.

Does this mean Tsukasa killed me twice?

Nevermind that, I hope I never, ever see that damn rat ever again. That stupid smile that taunted me for so long, the similar face to Hanako that scared me. I couldn't deal with him anymore, following me around and waiting for the right time to strike.

Did I have PTSD?

_________________________________

Hello, my beloved HanaNene suckers, I have yet again provided you with your weekly dose of a chapter, I hope your happy with it... 👀👀

In all real-ness though, and I can't exaggerate this enough, thanks for the reads

I'll keep up the weekly chapters unless I really can't, in which I'll post a notice beforehand.

Bye bye :):)

Word count: 705