Chapter 6

That night, we didn't visit any dreams. We didn't have any conversations. We just sat there in comforting silence. As a spirit, I never grew tired or hungry or cold.

It was quiet. I thought about what Farsight had said. I could have one last conversation with someone. But who?

Then it hit me. Clay, Tsunami, Glory, Sunny, and Fatespeaker. I would have to do it when they were all in one place. There was only one more problem.

How would they be able to see me? When I had asked Farsight earlier that day, all she said was,"You'll know. Everyone has their own special different way of doing it." It didn't exactly seem very helpful, but I had to try.

~*~

"Where are Deathbringer, Jambu, and Grandeur?" asked Tsunami.

"Oh, I had them wait in the Great Hall," Glory replied.

"Why?" Clay wondered.

"So that I could talk with you guys privately."

"Is there something wrong in the rainforest?" Sunny asked.

"No, no it's not that. Everything's fine. But before I go, I just wanted to talk with you guys for a bit before a go."

"Why?" Clay asked again.

"Because," Glory sighed exasperated,"I will miss you guys. I just wanted to talk with you guys. We'll never know what happens in the future. In the past few days, I've realized that we take things for granted...like Starflight. If I had known that that would be the last time I'd ever speak to him..."

"Hey, Glory," Fatespeaker greeted as she walked over to the open mountain side where the were,"How's the NightWing village coming along?"

Glory smiled sadly,"It's great. Fatespeaker, I know this is hard for you, it is for all of us. Remember, you're welcome anytime."

"I know. Thank you, Glory. I just...really miss him."

Now, I kept telling myself in my head, Now! Before they leave! But when I looked down at myself, I was still transparent.

Then Fatespeaker turned to where I was standing with my mother. She rubbed her eyes as if not believing whatever she was seeing. "Starflight?" she whispered.

"What'd you say?" Tsunami asked.

"It-it's Starflight," Fatespeaker muttered, pointing at me. I looked back down at myself and saw that I was still transparent. She shouldn't be able to see me.

The others turned to where she was pointing and they too had looks of shock plastered across their faces.

I looked to Farsight and she nodded,"They can see you. Talk to them."

I cautiously stepped toward them as Fatespeaker slowly walked towards me. We stopped when we were face to face with each other.

"Is it really you?" she wondered. I nodded. "You're transparent."

"I've come to tell you guys something."

"Starflight, are you truly dead?" Clay asked.

"Yes."

Fatespeaker look like she was going to start crying again, but she only asked, "Who's that?" She pointed to Farsight.

"That is Farsight, my mother."

"How are you here? What do you want to tell us? Oh, I've missed you so much!" Fatespeaker said.

"I've missed you too." I realized what I wanted to say, "I've come here to talk to all of you for one last time before I go."

"Go where?"

"To rest in peace. I've come to say that I'll always be with you. I'll always watch over you. Even though I can't interfere with your lives, I'm there. And do not mourn me. I wish for my name to not bring tears and sorrow whenever it is mentioned, but to bring happiness. Remember me and I'll remember you."

My friends gaped at me as I spoke but they nodded. "I guess this is goodbye," Clay said.

"Not exactly, I won't be able to talk to you, but I'll be there."

"I'll miss you," Fatespeaker said.

"I'll miss you too." I stepped toward her and before I remembered that I was transparent I kissed her. Surprisingly, she didn't pass through me. After we kissed, I stepped back and saw my body turning transparent again as if I had become solid for that one moment. Farsight smiled at me.

"I love you," I told Fatespeaker. She nodded with tears glistening in her beautiful eyes,"You too. I'll see you when it's my time."

"Ready to go?" Farsight asked softly. "Yes."

I turned back to my friends,"Bye, I'll see you guys again when the time comes. Remember."

I turned back to my mother and we took off. I knew that my friends were watching me, but for once, I didn't even look back.