Chapter 2

"Starflight," someone called. It didn't recognize her voice, but yet it seemed familiar. It also...comforting. It was a voice that made me want to forget all my troubles and just run into her arms. I opened my eyes. Wait. I opened my...eyes! I could see again!

I was in the Jade Mountain Acadamy library. There was someone standing before me. I didn't think that I'd seen her before, but there was something about her that made me trust her. She was a NightWing and something about her seemed familiar. I looked at her and then looked down a myself. I realized that I looked like her. I looked back up and asked her,"Who are you?"

She smiled but there was something behind her smile. Sadness. "My name is Farsight." Something about that name rang a bell. I'd heard that name before. Then I realized where if heard it before. I stared at her in shock,"Y-Farsight. Farsight...was...you're my mother." I knew she was telling the truth. She smiled,"Yes. I am." I continued to stare,"But...but you're dead. Right?" Her smile disappeared,"Why yes. I am dead."

"Than why are you here?" Her eyes grew misty, "Starflight...my dear child. You have made me so proud. You..." she hesitated, "You died."

"What do you mean I died?!" She sighed,"That is exactly what I mean. That IceWing," she spat the word IceWing,"killed you." I panicked,"I can't be dead! My friends need me! This is a mistake!" She sadly shook her head,"I'm sorry, Starflight, but it's not a mistake. You're dead."

"Than why am I here?" I asked. "Sometimes, when a dragon dies a hero or has done great things in their life, they are rewarded even in death," she said, "You are able to watch over your friends and maybe if you're strong enough, you can send them one message." I wondered,"What do you mean by that?" She sighed, "It is complicated. But even in death, you can watch over your friends and there is a way for you to communicate with them one last time. You'll just have to wait and see for yourself. For now, let's just go see what has happened after your death. This," she gestured around the library, "is present time. So shall we go?" I nodded,"Yes."