19 || Finally?

"Your mom's room?" Ying lowly exclaims. "But Yaya's room is the only area connected to the passageway?"

Yaya doesn't look at him when she speaks. "Is this an indirect way of saying that I've been staying in your dead mother's resting place all this time?"

"Hah, the fact that you call it a 'resting place' doesn't make this any more comfortable," Ying squeaks.

Ocho has more of those unbreakable chains to wrap around another door with. Where does he get all these chains?

Meanwhile, BoBoiBoy never questions a thing, only proceeding to string the chains around his door frames to seal the room from the outside.

That's when she notices. The rage didn't let her see before, but his wounds are clear the more she blinks. He strains to secure them, even when he's being helped. She never noticed what lied beneath the devices strapped on his shoulders.

Nobody knew they were wounds. Slits made by syringes in the devices.

She doesn't know why she's worrying. She doesn't know why BoBoiBoy's stable voice soothes her. "There. We're going to be safe," he says. "I promise."

"And you just happen to be so sure."

That doubtful statement whips all their heads back at her.

Surprisingly, he's already anticipated this. Her trust will be a hard thing to attain, at this point. If anything, he might not even desire it anymore. He doesn't deserve it.

Yaya doesn't regret saying it. Though one part of her yells otherwise. The guilt spreads quick, she pities him still, after all. She never knew why, and she hides it easily.

She was the special type to barely hate for long.

"Okay, you two, I beg of you: chill out," Ying raises hands. "We did not come here to argue. We're here for the marks.

"Though, are you sure it was a mark?" She faces Yaya. "I didn't get to see- wait. You said this was an electric-something incident!"

That pathetic toothbrush alibi.

"Look, yes, I know I said that but- it was for you- not to worry."

"Girl, I don't even know if you made me worry more or less by saying that. But we need answers."

Ying's stare at BoBoiBoy looks like it can pierce through flesh. To her dismay, BoBoiBoy just grunts in response. "With all honesty, I don't know either." Nice. "Believe me, I've had the Sadist mark for years and it still won't go away."

"Wow. All this time, you were keeping this secret and now you're saying it upfront," Ying chuckles. "Unsettling but, yeah, put that behind."

Yaya is forced to set away the urge to bite back.

Unbothered by anything, BoBoiBoy continues explaining, mostly to Ying, given Yaya's uncomfortable apathy. The chat is dull and grey to Yaya's senses. And with that, it all felt lighter for some reason.

"I had my mark...I guess...when I was an infant..." she hears BoBoiBoy mutter. "Like, it's the only reason why my mark would be as big as a shovel now, right?"

Imagining a shovel digging in doesn't ease Ying up. However, BoBoiBoy misinterprets this for curiousity.

"That...is all I can remember. I can't seem to get ahold of why I know these details, but I know."

"How many days did the mark take effect?"

"I believe a day. The effects are always that fast."

Temptation pries at Ying, but she holds it back. "Hm. So a mark that worked, a mark that didn't, and a mark that disappeared."