10 || Crowned Liar

If only Ying can keep annoying Papa into telling her a yes or no into the question of Yaya's safety. If only she knew every single detail to the truth so that she could practically determine Yaya's fate. If only she can attain all the help she can get from Fang, Gopal, and Papa to help Yaya out of here.

Unfortunately, she can do no more. Papa had been taken away by the guards that very dawn. For what reason, they never knew.

BoBoiBoy stays in his dwelling, amidst all of the erupting chaos at the dungeon below. He walks through the white halls, eventually ending up in Yaya's room. He knows it's Yaya's room because it's the only one with the brown, wooden door. His thoughts dance around the incident from yesterday. It all comes back to him. The storage room, them hiding behind the shelves.

He would've cared much less if he didn't think something was wrong.

For this once, his knuckles tap on the door, knocking. In the room, Yaya sits on her bed, wanting to just stay on the fluffy mattresses. "Who is it?" she asks.

BoBoiBoy shows himself, not bothering to hide a smile. Another. Smile.

"Oh, it's just you," she says, chuckling. "First time you knocked."

His eyes narrow in reply. "But I thought you'd be disgusted if I wouldn't knock?"

"What?"

"Didn't you say," he stutters. "disgust is an emotional response to something unpleasant? An unpleasant attitude? No...knocking?" he grimaces. His face softens at the conversation, letting loose of his soft, quiet demeanor.

This is exactly why Yaya's starting to open up with him.

It's the third day.

"Oh, yeah, right." She lowers her head. "Since when did manners even concern you?" she teases.

A click on the door. BoBoiBoy shuts it closed. "Just now. I need to ask you something."

Yaya doesn't even reply. She just shifts to the further end of the bed to let BoBoiBoy sit with her. Her eyes blink past his face and the notebook he gave her in the parcel. Turns out, BoBoiBoy isn't an exact alien to the idea of sentimentality. She makes use of the gift as a journal.

Even when she struggled to write with the pen along with it.

She's been practicing, as he observes, scribbling from the memory of letters on the ballad book from her home camp. Her fingers glide through the smooth, blank parchment, and Yaya can't stop be in awe of a book just waiting to be written on.

But the moment BoBoiBoy comes, she closes it, all attention diverted to him. "So, you came to ask me something?"

"Yes, actually, just checking in to ask about yesterday, you know. You must have been pretty bothered that time." His eyelids grow heavy by the statements, bringing his eyes down like he's weary and tired. He remembers the whole thing, and the secrets he's determined to keep within.

"Well, to be completely honest with you," she scratches her head. "I just want to know, what really happened yesterday? I mean, was it one of your maids?"

His face doesn't falter at the question, keeping its joyful, light smile. A small smile stretches across his face, silently telling Yaya it would all be alright.

His eyes turn to see her right arm, wrapped in cloth.

"What's this?" he asks. His face is still so cold, seeming so distant even when he's just inches away from Yaya's confused face.

"Huh?"

He doesn't calm his grasp, raising Yaya's injured arm up for the both of them to see. "I meant this."