Awkward

Courtney, Alice, and Monica had come over quite early in morning to pick me up. We decided to go to VidCon together. London was only an hour away. I wasn't even ready. I took a quick shower and put on clothes and makeup. I decided to wear boots instead of the Vans since it was December. The house was extremely cold. I walked out the bathroom and turned the thermostat up to 75°.
I went downstairs to the living room where my friends were giggling about Channing Tatum making jokes using his last name.

"Yes lord! He can Channing my Tatum any day!"
"Courtney, you're such a whore! We all know that Alice Tatum sounds better"
"My son, Jeremy Tatum would be negatively affected if you're there Alice."

Monica always wanted a son named Jeremy. I walked down entirely and interrupted their fangirling.
"You girls are so not loyal. Marius Lishtrop is life!"
The girls turned around, shocked by what I thought was my comment.
"Wow!" Everyone said simultaneously.
Monica was the first to comment. "Nikki, you look... Amazing!"
Then Courtney.
"You look legit hipster."
Lastly, Alice.
"Somebody wants Mazzi more than we do!"

I giggled at their petty comments. I went into the kitchen and quickly made me a sunny side up egg and toasted two slices of brioche. I loved having a sunny side up egg sandwich. I wasn't too hungry since I made some steak and peas for dinner last night. The girls had already eaten Mickey Ds earlier this morning.
I watched the time. We had to leave out at eight to get in early. It was currently seven thirty. In the UK, you would think fan-girling is superior to any other country. People flood the areas or stadiums where events with famous people involved. Today especially would be great havoc because Maz is known by almost every female in Britain. Plus, we are going to the most well know place in Britain. Seeing as to how we are in Cambridge, we must leave an hour early for London.

I choked down my brioche-egg sandwich, got my phone charger, VIP Pass, and wallet, and hurried out to the car. I was excited. I was actually going to see Mazzi Maz.

"Are you ready girls?" Monica asked.
"Of course." I replied. "Who wouldn't be?"
*************************************
I woke up from a relatively good nap. I was constantly woken up by the bumpy road and singing of Courtney to Taylor Swift.
"I got a blank space baby!" She nudged me. "And I'll write your name!"
Monica barged in with the bridge.
"Boys only want love if it's torture! Don't say I didn't, say I didn't warn you!"
Then Alice, who was driving us to London.
"I got a long list of ex lovers, who'll tell you I'm insane!"

I just decided to exit my daze and finish the song.
"I GOT A BLANK SPACE BABY!"
*All Together* "AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME!"

We all laughed.
"This is totes going on the snap." Courtney said. "Are we there yet?"
"We have about twenty minutes until we get there. Look up the nearest Starbucks. I need a salted caramel frappé."
I took out my phone immediately pulling up Google Maps. "I gotchu!" The results came up quickly which surprised me since we were on the road. "The nearest Starbucks in Westfield is on Arirl Way."

"Ok. Thanks Miss Listhrop." She teased.
I rolled my eyes and smiled. I glared out the window. It was a typical British day with the clouds overcast in the sky and small puddles of rain water gathered on the road. Even though it was Saturday, the road was very busy. I assumed that many had to go to work today. In Britain, there were many high office jobs offered. It was the norm to see a person in a business suit. I was just grateful that I had the weekend plus Monday off.

"GOOOOOOOOD MORNING BRITAIN! THIS IS BBC RADIO 1! WHERE IT BEGINS! AND BOY WILL LONDON BE PACKED TODAY! YOUTUBE SUPERSTAR MARIUS LISTHROP, OR COMMONLY KNOWN AS MAZZI MAZ, WILL BE IN THE WESTFIELD LONDON MALL TODAY FOR A MEET AND GREET WITH FANS! ALL TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT! ENTIRELY SOLD OUT! I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL BRING YOUR UMBRELLAS BECAUSE THERE IS A 50% CHANCE OF RAIN TODAY IN CENTRAL LONDON! TEMPERATURES WILL BE ABOUT 58°, SO IF YOU'RE COLD BLOODED STAY WARM, BECAUSE THE RAIN WILL MAKE THINGS COOLER! THIS HAS BEEN YOUR BBC UPDATE! THIS YA GIRL, TINA DAHELEY. AND THIS IS "Feeling Myself" BY BEYONCÉ AND NICKI MINAJ!

"Wow. Tickets sold out." Monica stated directly after the outro.
"You're surprised? I mean this is Mazzi Maz we are talking about." Alice retaliated.
"Even so. I thought London was packed with old people. And she said something about a meet and greet. I thought this was for VidCon." Courtney was delirious of everything.
"Courtney, baby, did you read anything in your package? They said a meet and greet will be held before VidCon. We are going to have front row seats at VidCon with Maz and the stars. The meet and greet starts at 9. One hour before the actual VidCon." I retorted.
"Oh... Well then... YAY!" She cheered like a basic blonde.
Even though I felt degraded by her white chick attitude, I had to admit I was rather excited to see him.
*************************************
"Nikki."
*snores*
"Nikki."
*snores*
"Nikki!"
"Yeah? What?" I was delirious of any of my surroundings.
"We are here at the mall."
I gathered myself and looked out the car window. I saw barely anybody was here. Thankfully.
We got our iPhones armed for pictures and our passes out. I had my pass in my pocket parallel to my phone. I noticed that I was less excited about seeing Mazzi now than I was before. It's probably the nervousness rising.
I walked in the mall to see... Only a handful of people there. Mostly old coots who were looking for some new trousers to support the eclipsing guts. The girls and I marched further in and walked into Sears.

Directly to our surprise...
We see Mazzi Maz.
I am shocked. Stunned. I couldn't find the strength to motion forward.
However Alice, Monica, and Courtney could. They rushed to hug him. They barraged him with questions, photos, papers, and requests to touch his hair.

I watched them as they assaulted him with such flamboyant requests.
I zoned out from the world. I lost focus from them. I was disconnected from the girls. I felt all lost and distant. But then I realised. I realised his glare. I felt him watching me.
I regenerated myself and looked into his eyes. The needles of our souls pierced each other directly on the point. I somehow felt, wanted. I suddenly felt as if chemistry had been built within that hiatus from the world.

He walked outside of the grasp of my friends towards me. I was able to ascend my eyes into his as he approached. He got close enough for me to feel his warmth. I wasn't sure if it was his faux fur-lined parka or his body.
He separated his arms in preparation for a hug.
"Hi. I'm Marius. You can call me Maz."
I was frozen. "I-I-I'm Nicolette. Nicolette Kimberly Madden." I managed to push myself in his arms. He embraced me tightly. His warmth made me feel secure. I felt so deprived of the outside world.
"Can I call you Nicole? Or do you prefer Nikki?" He said still hugging me.
It was weird because no one ever calls me Nicole. "Whichever one you prefer... Maz."