Dragonclaw

Once the sorting was over a very confused looking Professor McGonagle entered the room and sighed. She looked over the four of us and then Professor Flitwick. The headmistress gently placed the hat down on the side and looked at it expectantly.

The hat shuddered back to life."Well it's been a long time since I've seen this, as far as i could remember the dorms and common room are on the sixth floor corridor. you get in by pressing your hand to the wall but you'll get stuck to the wall if your not a dragonclaw and only a dragon claw can free you."

Professor McGonagle looked utterly confused, "Ok thank you, I have no idea what we'll do with you four but i think a goods night sleep will do us all good, and maybe we'll see some more dragonclaws in the sortings to come."

The four first years were accompanied to their corridor by professor Flitwick before being left there.

Lily was the first one to speak, "So who wants to put their hand on the wall first?"

Amelia looked worried, "What if we get stuck in the wall?"

Lucas rolled his eyes, "We won't, you heard the hat dragonclaws can open up the common room."

Jacob was the last to speak, "Well I think the only way to find out is to try. I think Lily should open the wall as she was the one who asked."

Lily shrugged and looked nervous, "Ok I'll do it." She slowly reached her small delicate hand towards the smooth blank cream wall and the others watched anxiously. As soon as Lily's hand was flat against the wall the cold surface seemed to dissolve. The four looked at the wall in wonder as eventually a grand wooden door with their house emblem stood tall and proud. A giggle escaped Lily's mouth as she gave a cheeky grin and led them inside.

Simultaneously the four preteens let out a gasp, Amelia grinned "It's perfect."