Pallet Town- Ash x Reader

Note: This story uses they/them pronouns, but feel free to insert your own pronouns!\

---

You've always had feelings for Ash, since you've been traveling with him for so long, its been years at this point. Your feelings for him have gotten stronger for him ever since you first met him, and they're getting to a point where you don't know how long it'll be until you just explode on him. the one thing about him is that, he's always been so dense, so, oblivious, to anyones feelings, and anything going on around him. he focuses a lot, maybe a little too much, on battling, and you think he should take a look around him for once, to see all the people who care, or, the one person who's always cared.

---

You and Ash are on an airplane, about to arrive at the Kanto region, heading there from the Johto region. you had both said goodbye to Brock and Misty, and Ash is still tired, and sad, from the tiring day he just had. but at the same time, he's excited to go on a new journey to explore the Unova region.

Ash rests his head on your shoulder, holding pikachu his lap, both sound asleep, while you read a boring magazine. The plane touches the ground, and you see Ash shift in his chair, still not waking up. you hear the pilot announce that you're now in the Kanto region.

"Hey, Ash, wake up."  You say, rubbing his head, putting the magazine away.

He doesn't wake up. instead, he inches closer to you, holding pikachu tighter.

You flick his nose.

"Wake up, dummy!" you say, looking at him, as passengers are walking to the exit.

He takes his head away from your shoulder, and rubs his eyes, yawning. "How long was i asleep?"

"About 2 hours." you state.

"Wow, really? thats not long at all."

Ash grabs his bag from under the seat in front of him, and follows you off the plane.

You look out the window, its almost dark out, the sky a beautiful orange and pink.

You walk with Ash to the exit, and are greeted by Ash's mom, Delia, Professor Oak, and Tracey.

Your eyes light up when you see Tracey, as you've always had a particular liking to him.

You run up to him and wrap your arms around him. He awkwardly laughs, and hugs you back.

Delia greets her son with a warm hug, excited to hear all about the long journey.

You and Ash crawl into the cramped car, and head off to Pallet town.

Ash looks out the window at all the familiar sights, as the sun sets behind the hills. you watch him, and his beautiful, sparkling brown eyes as you pull into his home town.

Its nearly pitch black out when you pull into the driveway of Ash's small house, but not quite.

You, Ash, Delia, Oak and Tracey walk into his house to eat dinner and catch up on things.

Delia's cooking is amazing like always. Ash is so tired, he doesn't shove the food into his face at lightning speed. instead, he quietly eats, his elbow on the table, and his hand on his face.

When he's done eating he stands up and puts his plate in the sink.

You both say goodnight to his mom, Tracey, and Professor Oak, and you head upstairs to go to bed.

Ash gets a terrible, uncomfortable bed ready for you on the floor, which really juts consists of two blankets and a pillow.

"Are you serious?" you ask, pointing at the "bed".