XLVII: Sudden Phone call

Start from the beginning

"Then why did her friends ... Juri and Kkura unnie, leave her?" She became quiet for a while. "It's because they think she's in Korea" I gave her a nod. She probably is.

She might be at an amusement park riding all the rides that she think is scary. Then after getting sick of the rides she'll probably rest and do it again after a few days. Why worry about that?

Hyewon unnie kept on talking about how I should go and have fun with them more often. I tried to ignore her so that I finish all these paper work.

After a few hours, I finally finished my work so I woke up Hyewon unnie, who was sleeping after getting tired of talking.

"Is it time to go already?" I shaked my head and hit her a few times. "It's time for YOU to go" she rolled around the bed and covered herself with the blanket.

"I dont wanna go~ Let me stay, you're already done with work right?" I pulled her to stand up but she was too strong. "Unnie!" She kept on sticking to the bed.

"Arrasso ... let's go" her face lit up as she stood up from the bed. "It's your treat since you suggested"

///////////

A few Days later ...

Why does dad always make me do all the boring stuff. It's not like I didnt study all those years to be a good doctor. Paper work ... paper work ... paper work. That's all I do.

I went to my office and checked my phone. My Phone was full of messages from Hyewon unnie. She keeps on pleading me to join them search for Yena unnie. I already said no multiple times but I dont think she gets it.

After my break, I welcomed in a few patients that were there for the check up. It was pretty fun but sitting all day plus doing paper works is not fun.

The door suddenly bursted open showing a close workmate of mine come in. She looked as if she ran from far away. But the truth is her office is just right next door.

"What is it this time?" I said jokingly as she sat down and tried to catch her breath. "No ... Noth ... haa~ ... wohoooo!" I think my friend needs to meet another doctor

"Take a deep breath first" she took a deep breath and relaxed. "Okay ..."

"Make sure this is important" she slowly shaked her head. "It's not really that important but it was just so interesting that I had to tell" uhhhh ... okay.

"Look!" She showed me her phone which showed an article about an accident. "So ..."

"They're still in a coma and guess what?" She said it with excitement. I'm not really interested with people almost dying from an accident. I'm a bit concerned but I dont really care that much. "What?"

"They're in our other hospital. And guess what?" When I said that I was tired from Hyewon unnie's pleading, I was wrong. "What?"

"This article is the only article about them" I nodded as she read the article about the accident. I tried to ignore her, she really likes to read stuff about accidents and how people survive from it. She said that it's the reason why she wanted to be a doctor.

"Oh ... look at this, it says that it was a miracle for them to survive the operation. But they did, the doctors are just waiting for them to wake up" I nodded and pretended that I was interested in what she was saying.

"They're around the same age as we are ... I hope they wake up soon" Around the same age? I wasnt that interested at first but she kept talking about it and there wasnt really anything to do.

"What kind of accident was it?" Her face lit up once I asked her. "Its ... it's a paraglidng accident!" She suddenly shouted. It made me remember all our memories from jeju before. "Is it in Jeju?" She nodded.

"Looks like these two were on vacation, I feel so sad for them" Vacation ... paragliding ... Jeju ... no that cant be. She's done paragliding a few times before so I wouldnt be that worried, but ... what if?

"You said that they're in our hospital in Jeju right?" She nodded. I quickly grabbed the telephone and dialed the other hospital. I wish that what i'm thinking isnt true ... but if it is, what should I do?

"Hello?"

"Yes, this is Dr. Kim, Kim Chaewon"

"Oh ... yeah, what's with the sudden call?"
"Did something happen?"

"No, Its not that"
"I just wanna ask about something"

"What is it?"

"I saw an article about a paragliding accident"

"Oh yeah ... the two comatosed patients"
"There's an article? Really? I didnt know"
"Maybe it was from the local news ..."

"May I know who those people are?"
"If it's alright"

"Uhhhh, sure ... wait"
"Where is it ... oh here it is"
"Choi Yena and ..."

I didnt even listen to who the other person was. I think my heart just stopped for a bit.