Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning with dry eyes. I drag my heavy feet to my dresser to gather my clothes for after my shower.
Last night was a mess, to say the least. His words kept repeating over and over in my head,
"You don't know what you're getting yourself into..."
What does he mean? He's not that much older than me and if my father doesn't know then what harm can be done?
I walk down the hall, quickly past Lukes room, and into the bathroom.
The hot water does miracles on my tense back. The shower wall, though, as I stare at the shower wall I can't keep my thoughts from taking over my whole body.
Now that I think about it I don't know anything about this man.
Hell, he could be a murderer, criminal...thousands of these kinds of thoughts race through my mind as I hear a loud bang from the door boom through the bathroom.
"Can I get in there?" I hear someone say, I hear Luke say.
I don't reply. I just turn off the water and wrap myself in a towel.
I open the door, looking at the floor. When Luke doesn't move I look up at him.
"Move." I huff.
"That's my towel" He whispers, laughing and pointing at the cloth protecting my body.
"Oh...I um..." I stutter, not knowing what to say.
"It's okay, don't worry about it." He pushes past me and closes the door in my face, once again.

"Hey..." I say walking into the kitchen and seeing Grant making a sandwich.
"Hi." He quickly says. Obviously he's not use to having a sister as I am not use to having a brother.
I prop myself up onto the counter right next to where he is making his food and continue, "where is everyone?" I ask.
"Work, they are usually gone all day." He frowns.
"And you stay home alone?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.
"Usually."
This poor kid, having to feed himself every meal, take care of himself without any parents around all day.
I felt sorry for myself not having one of my parents. This kid doesn't have either of them.
"Well, now you have me to hang around with." I smile and he looks up to me and beams a smile.
"What is there to do around here? He could go to the beach? I'm a little pale." I laugh, although I'm half Italian I'm still quite pale.
Grant just nods in response.
"Go get your trunks on and we'll stop by Walmart or something to get my swimsuit, sound good?" I ask.
He smiles and runs upstairs.
I mentally pat myself on the back for making the kids day. I know my mother would be proud of me.
-
I knock on Lukes door but he didn't answer. I was going to invite him to come with us but now I realize it will probably help Grant's and my "bonding" if he isn't there.
-
"Ready to go?" I yell from downstairs,
"Yeah!" I hear to people yell.
What?
I see Grant and Luke both run down the stairs like five year olds.
"Um?" I look towards Luke.
"What? I'm not allowed to come with?" He asks, raising his eyebrow.
"Well, it was supposed to be be just Grant and I." I put emphasis on "was".
"Too bad you can't drive in the Australia and wait, I can!" He smiles, pulling out his wallet and showing me his drivers license.
I didn't even think of that.
"Fine but we need to stop and get me a swimsuit."
"Perfect, can't wait." He winks and I roll my eyes.

Hey guys! I just wanted to say sorry for the late update but a giant thank you for voting and commenting! I love love love reading you comments so please comment and keep voting! Love you xoxo -Alice