Chapter 40

"What do you mean they are better?" My eyebrows are furrowed upwards and curiosity and hope glazes over my eyes.

"Well, it seems that with the extra help from your oxygen tank and your medication your lungs have healed themselves." My doctor explains with a bright smile on her face.

My dad grips my hand even tighter then before and I look up to smile at him.

I decided not to bring Luke to the doctor today since its always been something my dad and I did, and I don't want to test my dads patience anymore then I already have.

"How is that even possible, though?" I look around making sure I'm not on some hidden camera prank show.

"Have you been having trouble breathing lately?" She asked me, disregarding my question.

"No, but I always have my oxygen tank with me to help."

My doctor takes two small steps to me to tug on the small tubes that provide me oxygen and takes them out of my nostrils.

I take a deep breath, expecting to be soon begging for the need of air.

And another deep breath.

And another.

But then I start breathing normally and it doesn't hurt to breathe like it did before.

"Oh my god." I slap my palm over my mouth is surprise and I can't help when tears start flooding my eyes. I push my short hair behind my ear and look back to my father.

"That's amazing." He smiles, pulling me into a hug.

-

Driving home to Luke had a special liberating feeling.

Even though the doctor said I would forever have to "take it easy", I still want to bounce off the walls from happiness.

I heard my phone ding multiple times while driving back to the apartment so when I was at a stop light I checked all the worried texts from Luke.

I decide not to answer to make it more of a surprise.

When I park in our driveway I already see Luke on his balcony looking down at me.

When I step out of the car I can see his eyes go wide and I can't help the smile that plasters across my face.

"Where's your oxygen?!" He yells down to me.

I shrug like its no big deal and I see him turn around and off the balcony, I walk inside knowing he's coming to see me.

We meet in the living room where his blue eyes are glued onto me, he slowly and couscously steps closer to me.

"So, they just..."

"Yeah."

A smile peeks through his shocked expression and he tackles me with a hug, lifting me up so I swing my legs around his waist.

He starts taking steps so I grip on tighter, "where are we going?!" I laugh.

"To celebrate." He says, kissing my neck.

**

Boy are you guys not ready for what's about to happen with this story! Haha its been awhile but since we're soooooo close to 100k reads I decided to get back to updating. I'll do the BIG HUGE EXCITING "YOU-AINT-READY-FOR-THIS-SURPRISE-BITCH" chapter once we hit 100k!

Love y'all !!

Xoxo -Alice