Chapter 17

Lukes POV

"I'm going to take Grant home and get some rest. You should come home too. We will get a call when she wakes up." Debbie speaks.

Grant fell asleep on the waiting room couch. After five hours of fighting to be awake, he finally crashed. Jay has been in the room with Jade and hasnt come out in hours.

Shes in a coma. They said she should wake up at anytime but its been hours and we're still waiting.

I refuse to leave this seat until i see her. I need to see her.

A doctor came out to speak to us about an hour after we brought her in. They said she had something wrong with the blood flow in her brain and her lungs were struggling to get air into them.

That was the moment Debbie lost it. She cried for an hour straight once the doctor left.

If only Jade could see how much she is loved. She always thought she didnt belong, that no one really wanted her.

Now we're praying that she'll stay with us.

"I'm just going to wait here for a little longer." I tell her.

Once she wakes up Grant and they leave, i close my eyes. Bringing my mind back to the first time i laid my eyes on Jade.

She was beautiful.

Jades POV

I peel my eyes open to see white walls all around me. I look down at my arm and see an IV needle punctured into it.

I slowly bring my head to face the other side of the room.

"Daddy?" i weakly say. My throat is dry and i feel exhausted even though ive been sleeping for who knows how long.

He immediately jump up from his seat and grabs ahold of my hand.

"Jade? How're you feeling?" he asks. His eyes are glossed over, i can tell he hasnt slept in hours from the bags under his eyes.

"Thirsty. My head hurts." i shut my eyes and slowly open them again.

"Thats normal," a female doctor walks in. Shes quite young, maybe early thirtys. "I'm Dr. Tris, I'll be taking care of you. Good to see you're awake." she smiles.

"Whats wrong with me?" i ask.

She moves from standing infront of me to standing next to my dad on the side of the hospital bed.

"Well, first of all, your lungs we're filled with fluid. We immediately put a tube in to drain the fluid. Right now, that issue is taken care of."

I lift up the blanket covering me and part of my hospital gown to see a tube thats inserted inti my side.

She continues, "We ran a few tests. We are aware you've been having coughing episodes and frequent nose bleeds."

I nod, my father keeps looking back and forth between the doctor and me.

I keep my eyes on my doctors, listening closly to everything shes saying.

"We put you in a MRI and saw that the left side of your brain had a slow blood flow. We looked deeper into that to see that you do have a brain tumor." she pauses.

All the air in the room leaves. I hear my father crying into my hand. Thats the only noise i hear.

I dont even cry, i dont feel sad. I just shut my eyes for a few seconds just to open them and I keep looking at my doctor, waiting for her to continue.

After moments of silence, she continues, "i realise this is a difficult time but we will start treatment as soon as possible. I'll give you two a few minutes. Im very sorry." she exits.

The only sound is my father crying. I bring my hand to his head and lean over to kiss it.

I'm not sad that I'm dying.

I don't feel anything, really. All i am is numb.

--
THANK YOU FOR 2K READS! I know thats nothing but to me it is. And also thank you guys for commenting.
Whenever i see a comment telling me you love it or to update i always start writing again. It gives me motivation for sure haha

Love you!!
Xoxo, Alice.