Splatfest

(I ran out of photos D:)

"You all know what time it is!" Pearl said.

"OH MY COD IS THE NEWS ON!?!??!" 4 Yelled, popping her head out of her room. If you haven't noticed, she's an Off The Hook superfan.

"Yes, fangirl." 3 responded, turning the volume up. "Something important is happening, apparently."

"Oh really?" 8 asked, walking out of the kitchen.

"I WANNA SEE!" 7 yelled, running out of her room.

"Why do I put up with so much?" 3 thought.

"Its Off The Hook coming at you LIVE from Inkopolis Square!" Marina said.

"Yo Marina! Tell the people the good news before we introduce the stages!" Pearl exclaimed.

"Huh? Like, right now? Um... What was the good news again?" Marina asked.

"You know...The single most important celebration of our culture? The Spla-" Pearl began.

"OOH! THE SPLATFEST!" Marina exclaimed.

"Ding ding ding! We've got a Splatfest coming up quick!" Pearl exclaimed.

"Splatfests always get my ink pumping! I've gotta get my gear ready!" Marina said.

"Yo Marina. Whats the splatfest theme this time?" Pearl asked. 

"Haaah...I'm too nervous to look. You do it." Marina said.

"Fine. The splatfest theme is... WHAT?!" Pearl yelped.

"What is it Pearlie? Whats the theme?! TELL MEEEEE!" Marina exclaimed, her tentacles wiggling around.

"Okay, here it comes..." Pearl said.

"*gulp*"

"The splatfest theme is..." Pearl said.

*Squid v Octo appears on screen*

"Wha-" 8 began.

"HOLY FUCK CAP'N CALLED IT!" 7 yelped.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" 3 asked.

"THE GREAT TURF WAR IS REIGNITING!" 7 hollered.

"You have a point..." 3 said.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LEMME WATCH THE NEWS YOU DIPSHITS!" 4 yelled.

"WATCH YOUR PROFANITY!" 8 yelped..

"SORRY NOT SORRY!" 4 yelled.

"Its time to celebrate our anniversary with a worldwide splatfest!" Pearl said. "Which sea creature do you like more? Squid or Octopus?"

"Uhh, Pearl? Don't you think this theme is kinda...I don't know...DANGEROUS?" Marina asked, a hint of fear in her voice.

"What? Why would it be dangerous?" Pearl asked.

"Well...It could be a bit...confrontational, given the recent changes in Inkopolis." Marina said.

"Changes? You mean the weird hairstyle fad?" Pearl asked.

"OH! Right...The hairstyle fad..." Marina said.

"Anyway, I read all about octopuses in school." Pearl said. "Octopuses and Squids used to live together in the ancient seas. Squids had 10 limbs, and octopuses only had eight! Pfft! Eight limbs! What a joke!"

pearl is racist

"Oh yeah? Well I read that octopuses were WAAAAY smarter than squids!" Marina exclaimed "They used their big brain to open jars, use tools, and camouflage themselves. Some could even shape-shift and mimic other creatures and predators!"

marina was in the USSR

"An octopus could be hiding right under your nose, AND YOU'D NEVER KNOW IT..."  Marina said.

"Uh..." Pearl said.

"I mean, if they weren't extinct of course!" Marina lied.

"Anyway...We got something extra from the Splatfest Shrine this time around." Pearl said. "Something called a 'cover sheet'. Whatever that is."

"What's it say?" Marina asked.

"'Thy appearance shall match thy team.'" Pearl said. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Marina asked.

"Your guess is as good as mine." Pearl said

"SO...Y'all ready to celebrate the one year anniversary of our show?!" Pearl exclaimed.

"Head to the splatfest terminal and pick a side!" Marina said.

3 shut off the TV.

"Hey, what about the-" 4 began.

"No time. Get up. We have to pick a side." 3 said, standing up.

Later...

The agents swore to each other that they wouldn't tell each other their sides.

okay sorry if this was bad...

Sadly, this chapter is the beginning of the end.

We have about one more chapter, and then...

The end of Squid melody.

I will post it tomorrow.

Thank you for the support.