The Lost promise (part 2)

The gloom of the night of the long knives sat in the library.

"I'm sorry my family wasn't able to stop the massacre." Ezra said in guilt about the past feeling as if he was responsible. The mandos noticed this, "Mr.Bridger your parents saved my life and we both have guilt about that night." Bo said looking at Ursa then back at Ezra. "Your parents inspired me to keep fighting once they got us out of the capital, their skills of stealth saved us from clone patrols and saxons traitors." Bo added trying to reassure the young man. Ursa then spoke finished with her tea, "when we were picked up in your parents ship which was The Ghost oddly but back on topic, it was your guardians who helped me return to my family." Ursa added with a small smile.

"But why did you turn your guns on me?" Ezra asked, "when we were dropped off the promise that we'd be free again and the guardians would re-emerge to help." Followed by "We thought short term not long term , Vader's 501st taking over planets, Tarkin quelling whole systems and many more things the empire did over the 20 years and I slowly lost hope till you were In my strong hold." Ursa said thinking about the time in between. "I can understand that especially living on the street as long as I had." Ezra responded with. The mandos still knew it was a sore spot that hurt him and he was like another family member to them through everything he's done to save their people.
"I was angry I was impatient with the promise our people suffered but till you returned my daughter to me and made her even a better warrior than our culture expected." Ursa said with a small smile. "Your a legend that'll go on for eons Ezra in our culture, you saved us twice when we were cornered... the rebel alliance fractured but you didn't you fulfilled your mission." Bo katan said thinking about the tunnel fighting then the gun ships coming in saving them. "Not fully on the mission it's never done." Ezra responded as he pulled Sabine to lean on him. "How so?" Alrich Asked.

"The guardians don't just do military operations but we route out corruption in the republic, it's why during the Cold War the sith didn't gain any ground due to us harassing them in their own territory and taking out traitorous leaders in the republic." Ezra said thinking about the legendary stories across the galaxy but also the stuff that's left unheard.

"The turning of the republic to the empire that night was a terrible beginning of things to come." Ursa said gloomy but saw Ezra's face sulk and sink into the chair. "What's wrong babe." Sabine asked stroking his cheeks. "Just empire day is my birthday..." he replied to the group. Only the ghost crew knew and close friends knew the birthday not clan wren.

With this revelation gone the group relaxed. "So Bridger What were you up to before the ghost crew picked you up?" Fenn asked "pick pocketing imperial officers for credits, even acted as a tour guide for a bounty hunter." Ezra smirked, "why do I have a feeling you'd get into such trouble Ez." Sabine joked, "well I help Bossk take down a illegal gladiator arena that was ran by a imperial and he paid me half the 3 bounties and yes I caught the three of them he still owes me for another 1,500 credits." Ezra joked. "Wait you worked with bossk!" Tristan blurted out in shock.

"Uh yeah surprisingly the bounty hunters can be selected by the guardians for jobs, we're particular on who we hire." Ezra said grabbing his caf. "Why weren't they used during the war as much?" Ursa asked "it would've exposed us earlier and loyalty by credits only last so long." Ezra responded calmly. Ursa and the others nodded in understanding, Sabine in particular. "I meet bounty hunters who'd turn you in to save their own skins from the Empire no matter the job." Sabine commented remembering her dark days.

That's when they were interrupted by the beeping of a communications disk. Ezra dug through his pockets finding his and he needed to answer it. A hologram of Reznov appeared in his civilian clothes. "Reznov what's wrong?" Ezra asked, "general it's political matters mon mothma wants the guardians disbanded." He said with venom and the mandos in the room were angry at such a suggestion. "Prepare four cruisers and a light escort I don't trust mon mothma and we'll meet you at courasant." Ezra ordered really annoyed. "We'll provide you escort." Ursa demanded as they stood up, "fine by me mad'am wren this runs personally with us guardians not the first time we've had to have "accidents" happen to corrupt politicians." Ezra said coldy as he went to prep the ship.

Back in the room Sabine watched her fiancé leave to the hanger. "Mom thank you." Sabine said though pissed off. "Dear like this trip has shown and Ezra's actions alone if he wasn't a guardian and was a mando he'd be deemed one our finest in our history." Ursa said bringing her daughter into a hug. Bo katan who finished her caf heard and thought about what Ursa said and chuckled shaking her head 'she's dam right about that boy.'