Myths have a little bit of truth to them

A republic gunship flew above the Forest tree tops set up for a emergency mission. A village in vale was reporting large amounts of Grimm by intercepted communications on the Guardians republic era dreadnought they heavily modified.

"Ez we're in the unknown here what's the plan?" Sabine asked as she took a deep breath to steel her nerves of this new theater of her life with her husband watching him holding onto the LAAT troop handles beside her as he kept his eyes closed, "Sabine I wish you could feel the life on this planet it's amazing and beautiful at the same time tainted by the dark side is bent on extinction of all life here." He said slowly opening his eyes turning to her smiling. 'Dam Jedi guardian even in the midst of a chaotic situation he is calm and charming and such a leader, TO BAD I CANT BED HIM IN THIS BEAUTIFUL FOREST! Fucking sith spawns.' Sabine thought as she traced his twin scars and grabbing the back of his head to bring him in for a passionate kiss. In the gunship a few new republic marshals lead by Cara Dune selected by general Hera Syndualla herself even though the new  republic high command didn't like her recruiting a Special forces rebel shock trooper that deserted after the war, beside Cara a completely shiny mandaliorn by Din Djarin a bounty hunter who helped Cara on occasion bust up some imperial assets on, it was thanks to them two and the firefight on Navarro that Ezra caught Moff Giddeons scent and the rest became history though how he was recruited was interesting to say the least for this expedition.

In the village that was down stream from the main walls of the city two usually fighting pair and students were organizing a defense against the reported creatures of the Grimm. "Qrow none of your bad luck better not interfere with this defense or else we'll be wiped out." She said over looking the defenses as the villagers locked the sea gates to block sea born Grimm from landing. "Winter I hope we do, the strength in the Grimm have gotten worse over the last few months." Qrow replied looking through his sniper scope checking for contacts, "From Weiss and Ruby you two are arguing like a married couple." Coco from CFVY joked while getting people to get to shelter as she checked over her mini gun again, "we're not that bad" the two responded with, "yet you guys trashed apart Beacon's entrance pretty well too last time." Velvet chimed in on the ear piece getting a chuckle from the group and the two fire teams of ATLAS soldiers on the walls. The conversation was interrupted when the crack of a rifle was heard followed by "we got the wave at the South side it's huge guys!" Qrow yelled as he fired another few shots cutting through beowolves and injuring others. As the south wall with gun ports opened up with local militia fighters and Atlas military personnel the gun fire increased cutting down the swarm but the black formations gradually getting closer to the thick timber walls as beacons students took the better angels to start laying down heavier firepower from their custom weapons. "Command Im requesting air support, command?!" Winter requested as she looked through her mini scout binoculars watching the defense of the village. As a few minutes of trying nothing was heard it actually felt like they were abandoned as a loud screech filled the air the dark birds silhouetted in the sun. "We don't have the firepower for this." Winter whispered to herself feeling terrified of the onslaught of grim.

On the Gunship Ezra sensed it through the force fear and terror, the forces grew hungry for the ones they brought fear too. "Weapons hot , make a gun run to help them out!" Ezra yelled putting his helmet on as the gunship punched the ion engines and the landing doors sealed. "What's the game plan general?" Cara asked double checking her dual blasters and light repeating blaster cannon, "don't get overwhelmed ,bring as much firepower to bear!" Ezra ordered with sabine ready like old missions on the Ghost.

(Past 8 sec mark on vid sounds)

A unknown sound filled the battlefield above as the neverroome swooped over head and Qrow firing his shots while everyone found cover. As the fighting increased a nevermore crashed through a wood house and was gradually getting back up but the face armor was protecting it while the swarm of Grimm closed the gap between the wall and them. "Specialist Schnee the village is lost those Nevermore are becoming the new priority!" A Sargent yelled as he avoided becoming the next meal of a Beowulf. A series of loud whooshes filled the air followed by the ground shaking along the tree line and the Atlas soldiers and huntsmen all but watched as a unknown craft flew overhead firing what appeared to be rockets blowing three nevermores to pieces. The beast on the ground tried to lung at them with Winter and Qrow flanking it keeping it distracted by its areas with armor while it would alternate lunging at them. "I cant keep this up any longer you old crow!" Winter yelled as she flipped over the beak of the Nevermoore, "I can't find anything to get a kill shot on this ugly bastard!" Qrow responded with as he dumped more shotgun rounds into the birds wings joints. Both experienced In their field slid on the gravel and regained their footing for the bird that turned to face them let out a loud screech that made their ears have to be covered. The screaming beast stopped screeching all of sudden and a calm hum and off to the side was a figure in Multi camo armor as on the roof top a multi colored armored figure was laying down a torrent of fire on grim that survived the first gun run.

The battle for the town was changing, on the gunship with it flying over head Din was firing shots on Grimm with perfect accuracy (the photo above how he had his set up with his disruptor rifle) the hot shots were obliterating the smaller Grimm wh...

The battle for the town was changing, on the gunship with it flying over head Din was firing shots on Grimm with perfect accuracy (the photo above how he had his set up with his disruptor rifle) the hot shots were obliterating the smaller Grimm while larger ones such as Ursa's would lose a whole limb, "For a bounty hunter , your more hunter than bounty!" Cara yelled chuckling seeing Din blow of a hog like Grimm's back into ash. "Comes with the job." Din responded as on the gunship the door gunners rained their heavy blaster mini guns over the dwindling horde along with Cara unleashing her portable repeating blaster.
"General we detected a jamming device blocking all incoming planetary communications to this battle." Reznov informed Ezra as he jumped on the rooftop to join Sabine, "Rez give the location." Ezra ordered which flying overhead the gunship pilots received the new target and flew over the village unleashing the heavy ordnance shaking the ground with the regrouping Soldiers, militia and huntsmen turning the tide.
As Winter and Qrow joined the defenses they heard their coms come alive, "Specialist Schnee repeat do you hear me." The commanding voice of general ironwood sounded over the coms, "First time I'm actually glad to hear your voice general." Qrow responded back with a chuckle, "We lost coms for awhile." The general told them, "we don't know what happened Jimmy, if it wasn't for our reinforcements we'd be wiped out by now." Qrow told him watching the barren and destroyed forest area as the Grimm numbers were so low stragglers were trying to escape the onslaught. "I didn't send any reinforcements." The General responded, "neither did any of the other schools." Another voice joined headmaster Ozpin , while looking the pair looked at the pair of armored figures resting crouched on the rooftop observing the battlefield. "Both of you might have to see it to believe who did though." Qrow responded as the battle had drew to a close. "Who would that be?" Ozpin asked before Ironwood could, "Ghost, legends , thought lost to time, the guardians." Qrow responded.