The Job

"Here's how this is going to work." The man in the chair started to explain while the two boys who were brought for business reasons listened carefully. "Whoever catches the girl and brings her to me first gets the reward. The one who fails gets nothing. She must be alive and unharmed! Think of this as a game if you wish, have fun, good luck and bring her here safely!"

And with that the two boys looked at each other and walked out of the room.

"Do you just want to work together and split the reward?" Illumi asked once out of the door.

"You're no fun! Why don't we ever have fun when we work together? It's always business this, efficiency that! I want to have fun this time so no!" Hisoka huffed out. "Well I still want a reward so what if we have a competition about who can catch her first? And then just bring her in together?"

Illumi thought for a moment before coming to a conclusion. "Sure. That could work."

"Fun~" Hisoka smiled speaking in a sing song voice. "Well I'll be going now, wouldn't want you to get the advantage~" and like that Hisoka was gone.

"I don't want to lose this one." Illumi spoke to himself disappearing into the night.

•••

The humming was a dead give away of her spot. If only she had cared enough to notice the two people following her before.

"What a curious girl~" Hisoka whispered to himself licking his lips. "To be so careless when walking alone at night, it's almost like she has no regard for her own life. Curious indeed."

"If you're that curious about me you could have asked. It's simple. I'm just a lonely girl, who was never shown love from a parental figure, as a result I made some poor choices." She called out to the alleyway she walked into. "Now come out of hiding."

"Oh~ you caught he." Hisoka stepped out of the shadows to be greeted by a small gasp from the girl he was tailing.

"What do you want?" Her voice was cold and heartless.

"Well I'm here to kidnap you, so if you would please get ready for a fight that'd be great!" Hisoka took a step closer to the girl.

"Kidnap? And what about the other guy? Is he here for the same reason?" She readjusted her position into one that would be more ready for a surprise attack.

"Oh yes, that's why I'm here." Illumi stepped out of the shadows as well. "I have to say I'm quite surprised you were able to sense me."

"To be honest I'm not the best at offense, so I won't put up a fight, you can just take me." She walked over to both of them making them both extremely surprised and frankly suspicious.

"What?" Hisoka asked dumbfounded.

"You can just take me. I don't care what happens to me, being honest I was planning on killing myself anyway." She continued over to them, once closer she simply put out her hands for them to take.

"Why would you want to kill yourself?" Illumi asked still shocked.

"Like I said, I made poor life choices. And I'm tired of the consequences following me." And with that sentence it all clicked.

"Oh." Was all they could muster. "Then why does the boss want her?" Hisoka turned to Illumi confused.

"My nen. He probably wants my nen." She said simply waiting for them to take her hands and do something with her.

"What's your nen?" Illumi asked curious.

"I'm a specialist. My powers are mainly for defense but they could be used for exorcism too." She explained still waiting for them to take her hands. "It's not very useful for anything else. But it's also extremely overpowered."

"Explain." They said in unison wanting to learn more.

She sighed. "My first ability is no longer human. Basically if I touch someone with my skin or touch their nen I can cancel their nen. And the second one is full counter. Basically can I can uno reverse any attack. I'm not going to explain anymore, like how I use them in combat, just in case we ever have to fight. But that's my abilities. Oh yeah! They only work on nen not regular attacks or anything."

"So the boss wants the ultimate no you draw four?" Hisoka laughed thinking about it more.

"Well lets go then." Illumi grabbed her hands and started pulling her with him as he walked away.

"Hey that's not fair! This doesn't mean you win!" Hisoka chases after the two.

————————————————————————

Hey! It's Author-Chan here! Do you understand her powers? Do you get it? If you don't like that I kinda stole them let me know and I'll change it! I just think they're really cool and useful powers and if done right it can give good balance to the character and help with backstory.

But anyway this was a shorter chapter just to introduce the story! This is only my second fanfic and my first hunter x hunter story, so let me know if I got anything wrong or if it doesn't make sense!