Chapter 1

I woke up with a gasp, looking around the room. I gaped at the familiar purple walls of my bedroom.

It's been 2 years since The Great Blinding. Ever since that day everyone was blind, even the newborns.

I looked at the walls of my room, seeing something scribbled onto the wall. 'DONT TELL ANYONE YOU CAN SEE."

I gently grazed my hand again the words.

"We cant let them know what's happening! It's getting out of hand!" A man wearing a white doctors coat shouted.

"We don't have a choice, doctor! There is no way to hide this from the world!" A woman shouted back. The doctor sat down, sighing.

"There is one way."
I gasped and slipped off my bed. I groaned, standing up. I went to the bathroom, looking in the mirror.

God, I look awful.

I quickly showered, brushing and cutting my hair. I put on some plain jeans and a white T-shirt. I slipped on a baseball cap before leaving my room. The sun hasn't risen yet, so I carefully moved through the house. There wasn't many things in the house, since everyone was blind. My house looked the same as I remembered. I grabbed my bag, digging around in it.

I gasped as I bumped into someone.

"Oh! Who is awake at this time?" My mother asked. Tears pricked my eyes as I looked over her.

"I-its just me, mom." I said, slipping past her.

"Oh, good morning, dear." She said, continuing her walk down the hallway. I let out a shaky breath, slipping my shoes on before stubbling out the door. The sun was now starting to rise, peaking from behind houses. I gasped, looking around the neighborhood. Trash littered the floor, the houses, run down and dirty, cars covered in thick layers of dust.

I watched as someone else stumbled out of their house, panic clear on their face. He nearly collapsed, looking around the neighborhood before locking eyes with me. I quickly made my way over to him, yelping as he collapsed into my arms.

"W-whats going on?! Why- why can I see and no one else can?!" He asked, gripping my arms.

"I don't know." I said, shoving him off me. "Panicking isn't going to help. Calm down."

He nodded and took deep breaths, soon calming.

"There was an address. U-um, 2768, Jeffersons street."

"Alright, let's go."

__________________________________
Welcome to the first chapter of The Great Blinding.
I should point out that the writing prompt was found on Pinterest, by writing.promts.s , you can find them on Instagram.