Chapter 2

I am not a morning person. I really do not like waking up early. If I could I would sleep until midday. Unwillingly, I get up from my comfortable bed and grab my phone before making my way to the bathroom. 

I put on my playslit and Another One Bites The Dust by Queen starts playing. I love that song, it gets me pumped up, even in the morning!

I brush my hair, braid it so that it's more comfortable when I fly, apply some mascara, and put sunscreen on. I leave the bathroom to grab some black athletic shorts and a matching sports bra. One last look in the mirror and I make my way towards the trapeze rig.

I'm a few minutes early so I climb the ladder and take one swing to stretch out a little before class starts. As I make my way down the net, I see Philip walking towards me.

"Hey Phil, ready for a whole day of newbies?" I say while laughing.

"You know that's my favorite part of the job. I hope a lot of people decide to try it out" he answers with enthusiasm. 

I have a good friendship with Phil. When I first arrived, he hit on me but I made it clear to him that I am not starting any relationships while I'm here. He respected that and we've been good friends ever since. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a family approaching with shy kids.

"Hi there! You guys want to try it?" I ask the family.

"Um...can we? I'm a little scared..." the little girl spoke up. She is probably about ten years old and very cute.

"Of course honey! It's okay to be a little scared, I was scared too on my first time." I admit to her. I see a smile ghost her lips and she nods indicating that she's ready.

I grab a harnest and put it on her. I make sure to secure it tightly. When I'm finished, I look up to her older brother.

"How about you? Do you want to give it a try?" I ask tentatively. He quickly shook his head and his mother chuckled.

"He's always been scared of heights" she tells  me.

I smile at him understandingly and turn towards the daughter, Mila is her name. 

"Alright hon. So I'm going to climb the ladder to the top and you'll follow me afterwards, sound good?"

"Yes" she said with more confidence than previously. 

I nod at her and make my way to the ladder and start climbing. 

The whole morning was filled with families, children wanting to try while parents stood nervously on the sides. Phil did a great job comforting the parents and telling them it was safe. 

Around lunchtime, Phil and I closed the trapeze and went to eat. We usually have lunch together and discuss the next circus show at the same time. There is a show every week. Phil and I are on the trapeze while Mia and Damien do their own thing. 

Afterwards, I walked back to the rig while Phil had to talk to the hotel manager about some equipment that we need.

On my way there, I saw the back of a man standing near the rig, gawking at the trapeze. I walked up to him.

"Do you need anything, sir?" I asked the man. 

He turned around, and I froze.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. 

"No I'm alright, thank you. I was wondering what this is exactly. Is it a trapeze?" 

Wow. His voice. The accent. Just- everything.

"Y-yes, it's a flying trapeze rig." I answered him, trying not to sound like my heart is about to leave my body. 

He smiled at me and went back to looking at the rig. 

That smile, it melted my heart tight there and then. I tried to compose myself as much as possible, it's not everyday Harry freakin' Styles is in front of you, I don't want to come off as some crazy fan.

"Do you know if it's possible to try it?" he asked me.

"Yes, it is." I tell him with a smile. I step in front of him and open the gate to gesture him in. He walks in and sits on one of the benches. 

"My partner, Phil, should be here any minute. Once he's here you'll be able to fly safely." I explain. I take a second to take in his appearance. He's wearing shorts and an old band shirt. I can see the tattoos on his arms. The sunglasses on his nose obstruct his eyes but when he pulls them on top of his head I can see his green eyes. They are a light shade due to the sunlight.

"Are you a professional?" he asks genuinely.

"Pretty close" I tell him with a smile. "I've been flying for a long time, but I don't think I'm skilled enough to join the Cirque du Soleil."

"You seem to know what you're doing, I'll give you that" he says and winks at me.

Oh. My. God. 

He winked at me.

"Hey, do you want to start practicing catches now or later" Phil asks as he walks in. "Oh, hi there, I didn't notice you. I'm Phil" he hands out his hand to Harry.

"Harry, nice to meet you." Harry greets politely.

"So, Harry, ready to try and fly?" Phil asks him with a laugh.

"Absolutely" he states smiling. 

"Alright. So, Elodie will be up there on the board to assist you while I pull your security lines. She'll also put a safety harnest on you. Don't worry, it's all perfectly safe as long as you do what I say." Phil says in a businesslike manner. 

I grab a harnest and walk up to Harry.

"I'm going to need you to take off your sunglasses as well as your rings, for safety reasons" I tell him while trying to keep as calm as possible which is extremely hard considering I am about to physically touch him. 

He does as I said and steps towards me.

"Arms up" I say and I slide the harnest over his arms, then torso, until I reach his hips. 

"Hold the pads for me, please" he does it so I tighten the harnest around him. 

"Thank you" he smiles at me.

"Of course" I answer him, unable to look at him properly in the eyes. If I do, I would probably break down. 

I start climbing the ladder and reach the top and mentally prepare myself for this.

I can't freak him out while we're up in the air on a tiny board.

I got this. 

**A/N

That was chapter 2. I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Again, any and all criticism is welcome.

With all my heart, C.