Repercussions

Damon's P.O.V

"Issac!"

He turned, and I punched him in the jaw. He was momentarily shocked, but growled once realization kicked in.

"What the hell, man?"

"Why did you tell her?"

"I don't know what your talking about."

I grabbed him by the collar and slammed him into the wall. "Stop messing around. I know you told Dani. You were the only one who knew about Lexi and I. Were you purposely setting me up?"

"I didn't talk to your bitch-."

I cut him off by punching him in the nose. The sickening crack and spurting blood was momentarily satisfying "What did I say about calling her that?"

He smirked as blood dripped from his nose. "Oh, did I hit a nerve?"

I brought back my fist again, but something stopped me. A small hand grabbed my fist, but its strength was bone crushing.

"Enough Damon," my mother ordered. "Beating on your subordinates won't solve anything."

I reluctantly let him go. "I want him out of my pack and marked as a rogue."

Issac looked wearily at me before pleading eyes darted to the Luna. Being kicked out of a pack didn't frighten Issac. Being dismissed from one's original pack seemed to run in the family. It was the idea of being a rogue. A rogue's life was dangerous. Rogues weren't protected under wolf laws meaning they couldn't claim territory, so they lived a nomadic life. One had to live in constant fear of being attacked by other rogues or an established pack if they wandered to close to the territory. As long as he had the protection of a pack, Issac was willing to follow the rules.

"You're not going to let him kick me out are you?" Issac asked. He honestly looked pathetic trying to play innocent with a bloody, swollen face.

"No," my mother replied.

My anger flared. "I'm the Alpha. What I say goes. He's exiled."

"Overruled." The Luna's expression darkened when I growled. "I am acting Alpha. My word is law. What I say goes. Do you understand?" She radiated with absolute authority. Challenging her was a death wish.

"Yes," I grumbled in response.

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, Luna."

She looked over at Issac who was tending to his bleeding nose. "Take yourself to a healer, Issac, unless the multitude of girls you bring in this house prefer guys with injures."

He grumbled under his breath and purposely rammed into my shoulder as he left. I turned to go after him, but my mother held me back. Lucky bastard. Just wait until I find him.

"Don't you dare go after him," she warned. "Building tension against pack mates will only divide the pack. Part of being an Alpha is dealing with stressful situations in diplomatic ways."

"I know you didn't come here to talk to me about dipolmacy. Why are you really here?"

She crossed her arms across her chest. "I think you know why."

"Don't worry. I'm handling things."

"By taking out your anger on Issac?"

"He's the reason I'm in this situation in the first place."

SMACK!

I stood there stunned with a stinging cheek. "What the hell was that for?"

"First, don't curse in front of me; it's rude. I raised you to respect your elders. Second, it was to knock some sense into you. Do you really think blaming Issac or anyone else for your mistake will solve anything? If anyone should take the blame for your weakness, it should be you."

"Look, I know messed up. I broke a sacred law, and I'm a coward because I keep making excuses to cover up for it." I shook my head sadly. "I actually told Dani it was her fault that I cheated. Why didn't I just apologize?"

Suddenly she pulled me into a hug. I was half a foot taller than her, but I suddenly felt like a tiny child being embraced.

"I won't ever condone what you did, but life is about learning from those mistakes. You are young, and your path will continue to change. Everyday will be filled with obstacles and challenges, and one can easily fall into darkness unless there is a light to guide the way. Don't ever let that light fade out."

"So what should I do?"

She pulled away smiling. "As your advisor and mother, I don't have an answer. This is something you are going to have to do on your own."

"I don't think she'll except an apology even if I'm begging on my knees," I sighed.

"Don't worry," she said. "I'm sure you'll think of something. After all, I didn't raise an idiot." Suddenly she grabbed my ear and pulled me down to her height. "But if your ever pull something as disgraceful as that again, I will embarrass you in ways you can't even imagine. Am I clear?"

I rubbed my reddened ear as she let go. "Crystal."
----------------------------------------------
Dani's P.O.V

I couldn't describe the pool of emotions swirling inside me. Anger. Hurt. Sorrow. The only cure was a double chocolate fudge sundae with extra sprinkles and whip cream according to Taylor. I absentmindedly poked at the dairy desert. Taylor eyed my treat and I happily gave it to her.

"We should key his car?" Taylor suggested. "Better yet, why don't we just destroy the whole thing."

Mia rolled her eyes. "We're trying to help Dani, not get her arrested for vandalism."

"Who said she would do it?" Taylor swung her ring of keys around her finger. "'Cheating Bastard' will look nice on the side of his Aston Martin.

"Thanks for the support guys, but I think I'm going to go," I said getting up.

"Are you sure?" Mia asked. "We can do something different."

"I think I'm just going to go home, I'll see you guys tomorrow."

I exited the tiny ice cream shop. Going to the pack house was out of the question, and I didn't want to go to Mr. Grey's where Harriet would fawn over me as if I was dying.

"Excuse me?"

I turned around to see a girl jogging towards me. She looked like she was a year or two older than me. Her olive toned cheeks were slightly pink from the cold. Dark brown hair was pulled up into a messy ponytail. Her right eyebrow was pierced with two studs, one silver and one dark purple.

"Do you have a minute? I'm not from here, and I'm supposed to meet a friend at this restaurant." She held out a scrap of paper with an address neatly scrawled on it. "Could you tell me where this is?"

"It's the next block over," I replied.

"Thanks, uh-"

"Dani."

Something flashed in her light brown eyes. "Thanks, Dani." She took off down the street while I reluctantly retreated to Mr. Grey's house.

"Dani dear, welcome home," Harriet greeted. "Can I get you anything? Food? Something to drink? It's awfully cold outside. Maybe you would like some warm soup or hot chocolate?"

"I'm fine, Harriet," I replied smiling at her doting nature.

"Well, just let me know if you need anything?"

I made my way up to my room. I just wanted to take a long, hot shower, and disappear under my comforter for eternity. I didn't want to think about what would happen at school tomorrow. Would my peers sympathize with me? Probably not. Damon would likely come up with a story and say that he broke up with me otherwise his fan base of girls wouldn't chase after him anymore. Well, Olivia might.

I opened my door and froze. Standing in the middle of my room was the one person who stole my heart and crushed it into a million pieces.

"Hey, Little Fish."

Comment and Vote!