You nodded and continued talking to Kaito for a bit, mainly about what he has planned, who he's asked to join the meeting so far and who else he has to ask. It took up a bit of time, but it wasn't like you had much to do.

Of course at some point enough time had passed, so you left to go meet up with Rantaro. You walked to his dorm room and knocked on the door. The door swung open and you waved. "Ready to do this?" You asked. Rantaro gave you a response of confirmation and you told him about Kaito's meeting, you ended up walking towards the game room together.

"Ah (Y/N) and Rantaro!" Kaito shouted upon seeing the two of you. He lead the two of you to the game room, along with the original people there as well. Your gaze avoiding Maki's figure, even now... you couldn't help but feel a bit guilty. Everyone gathered around in the game room, discussing plans on how they were going to fight Monokuma. You remained silent, you were planning your escape. How can I leave... without making Rantaro suspicious?  

You're eyes drifted towards the escape with that thought, and that was where you saw an escape route. Your eyes met Shuichi's figure who was peeking in on the meeting. Shuichi's eyes met your and they widened a bit, and then he looked away in embarrassment and walked finally in. "Hey..."

Collectively, everyone turned towards Shuichi as he walked in. "Oh Shuichi! What's up man? We were just starting a meeting about how to take on Monokuma when the time-limit arrives." 

"Oh...?" Shuichi muttered walking a bit closer, "Do you have any plans? What time is it anyway? How much time do we have left?"

"It's around 8:47 PM. Less than two hours left." Rantaro answered Shuichi. 

Kaito started talking a bit about how we were all going to fight Monokuma when the time limit arrived. "We were going to fight him straight on!"  

"A-are you sure that's a good idea?" Shuichi asked. "Maybe a... surprise attack would work better?" 

"We could separate the Monokumas into smaller groups to fight them easily." Maki suggested. You were just listening in to the conversation. Of course, the conversation was interrupted when the dreadful music started playing. 

"Nyeh? What is this?" Himiko questioned when the music started to play. 

"Probably a trick by Monokuma to make us feel more anxious." You said finally speaking up. It's... almost time... You almost felt yourself tearing up, and you slightly glanced towards Rantaro, your heart was beating quicker than before... you still didn't have a way to escape without him being suspicious. 

"Ah! We should get Kaede on this as well." Shuichi suddenly said. 

Sensing... a way to escape, you nodded towards Shuichi. "Maybe we should get some other people as well? Monokuma's all of our enemies after all, surely we could find the others and have them help us fight. We still have an hour left." 

Kaito gave you a thumbs up. "That's what I'd like to hear! The three of us will go and find others, the rest of you stay here and continue coming up with plans!" He motioned to you and Shuichi.

You inwardly gave a sigh of relief, Thank you Kaito!  You simply nodded your agreement and got up to walk over to Shuichi and Kaito. You gave a quick apologetic glance to Rantaro, and a slight nod. He nodded back at you in reassurance, and mouthed the words. 'Come back soon.' 

I'm... I'm so sorry Rantaro. Your heart was starting to break, you quickly turned away so your back was facing Rantaro. You smiled slightly at Shuichi and Kaito as a signal for them to go, they walked on ahead of you and you followed them. 

Thank you Rantaro.... For everything... for being friends with me now and back then... and I'm so sorry... In your head you just kept apologizing to Rantaro as you climbed up the stairs. You knew he would never hear the apology, but there was nothing you could do about that. You followed the Astronaut and Detective silently, slightly in a trance. 

Shuichi walked quickly into the classroom that Kaede and him were keeping watch in...

And that was when you heard the cry. The Ultimate Detective was shaking in front of you, "No... No....!" The detective sank to his knees, and you could hear the slight sobs. You walked closer to get a view of the sight that made him tremble. You let out a gasp at the sight. 

No... No this is impossible.. 

In front of you... was the body of... 

Kaede Akamatsu, the Ultimate Pianist. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAHHAHAHAAHAHA

I could never kill Rantaro and just let this book become Just  a retelling of the original story. Too boring. 

I'm sure some of you guys'll be happy about this but let's all just keep in mind that Reader is... essentially very screwed. Reader has no idea what going to happen now. 

So what do you guys think now? Who killed Kaede? What on earth could've happened? Why did things change so much??

As always though.... 

THANKS FOR READING!!!