10

Don't flatter me 🙈

V: you done it all by yourself? that's hot

J: Indeed, first time a mc is actually useful

J: But we were right, they're building something, and it's 78% complete

Not to mention the 69 billion stolen money

V: wtf they building with all of that

idek

The question is...what to do with this information

J: since it's your accomplishment, you can decide

I'll give you guys the file that helped me decode the info

it'll be quicker if you guys work on it

J: snm

[File sent]

-

The next morning

It was a weekend, meaning you didn't need to go in for work today. It was a relief since it saved you from working for that dumbass Taehyung.

You draw out your curtains, squinting in the wash of new light. Clouds move in the morning sky, kissed into brilliant white by the rising sun. Though they are mostly white there is a hint of greyness, a suggestion that rain may play a part in the day to come.

After yesterday's discovery, your thoughts were scattered in perverseness, and you felt as if you needed some advice before you made a decision.

So you decided to visit your family; your mother and grandmother who lived together a few hours away.

-

Their house stood in a corner of the street, enclosed around green bushes neatly shaped into size. You pick at a few leaves, reminiscing over the times you'd run through this same street as a kid, laughter wafting through the joyous atmosphere.

Now it was almost empty, any slight sounds slowly lost in thinning air.

Hands gripping some extra groceries, you knock on the door.

You notice a head peek through the blinds of the windows, instantly brightening after seeing you at the front door. Shortly after, the door is opened and you're grabbed into tight arms.

"Yay! Surprise visit? What did you bring? Have you gotten skinnier? Did you miss me?"

"One question at a time" you laugh, eyes softening in response to her excitement. She was always so hyper and childish, contrasting to her motherly figure. Your grandmother is behind her, patting your head softly as she greets you too.

You're seated on a plush sofa in the living room, the smell of baking cookies wafting through the air. "So, I've got tea to spill" you begin smugly, legs crossed.

Your grandmother raises an eyebrow, blowing the cup of tea in her hand as she slowly sips. "Spill"

You begin to tell them about the fateful day at the office where you got through to the anonymous organisation, messing with them for fun. Moving on to how they offered you to join them, claiming the government had secrets and how they intended to expose them. So you checked yourself and obtained the ambigious sentence of information, but now unsure of what to do next.

They listen to you in great interest and concern.

"You really do take after your father" your mother sighs, serious for once. "How obsessed he was with hacking...it makes me nostalgic to see you do the same"

You listen to her silently. The backgrounds of your father were always mysterious to you, since he passed when you were very young it was hard to imagine what he was like.

"I was against your mother putting you in private computer classes when you were young, but maybe it's coming to use after all" your grandma comments, slowly chewing on a cookie.

"I just thought...if he was alive he'd want you to continue his legacy" her voice comes out as a soft cacophony of nostalgia. "He would be proud of you using your knowledge in a way that would benefit society. A hero that works in the shadows, humble but aware of her capacity"

Those words ignite something within you, something that's spreading and burning in determination.

Continue your fathers legacy...you wonder; if he was still alive would you both make the ultimate duo?

"Mum, how did dad die?" you randomly ask, your mother perking up at the sudden question. You didn't mean to sound insensitive, but it occurred you actually had no idea how he had died.

"He was just like you, hacking for the fun of it. But he got caught up in something complicated, so he was always holed up in his room doing things on his computer. Whenever I asked, he'd tell me it's better if I don't get involved, and he'd be able to protect us that way" her eyes are vacant as she speaks, as if she's imagining every little bit vividly.

She continues; "One day he was out for work as usual. You were about two years old then...it was a stormy night and you wouldn't stop crying. Your father was late, and naturally I was worried" her voice wavers slightly as she swallows, "I got a phonecall. Due to the storm, I was told he had driven into the lake after losing sight of the road"

Your mouth hangs open in shock. You didn't expect it to be this dramatic. "Then...?"

"The body wasn't found, and his car and belongings in it drowned with him" tears sprung in her eyes as she subtly wipes them away. "Well, that was the last time I saw him"

You're all silent for a while, thinking, reminiscing, processing.

"What do you think I should do now?" you break the silence, looking up in troubled uncertainty. Your grandma eyes your expression carefully, sighing before placing her cup of tea on the table. "Looks like I'll need to assert some of my wisdom"

You meet her gaze, waiting for her to continue.

"As your grandpa used to say, do what you want" she begins, and you tilt your head indicating an elaboration.

"Set your life on fire and live passionately. When you live passionately, you will be called to other souls and they will support your personal and collective evolution" the wrinkles around her eyes dont stop the burning intensity emitting out of her soft orbs, "Connect together and light up the world"

-

On your way home, you thought about those words deeply. "Do what you want, huh..."

Later that night...

!

|BREAKING NEWS|

The news reporters on the TV screens whisper among each other, all adorning expressions of shock and surprise. They turn to the camera, ready to reveal.

"An anonmymous hacker has accused the government of stealing 69 BILLION pounds worth of money and resources! All misused by citizen tax, as well as being stolen internationally. We are provided with proof too!"

"This solo unknown hacker doesn't seem to be associated with the anonymous organisation who have been causing a ruckus too. And they've left a daring message;"

"Call me D for Dynamite. I'll blow up and destroy your careers, look forward to it  "