Chapter 5

They were on the private jet home and Pepper was watching the Senator talking about what happened as Willa was curled up in a ball asleep in her seat.

Tony carrying some dish muted the TV and sat across from Pepper. He placed the covered plate down and she looked at it.

"What is that?" Pepper asks.

"This is you in-flight meal." Tony says.

"Did you just make that?" Pepper asks.

"Yeah. Where do you think I've been for three hours?" Tony asks.

"Tony, what are you not telling me? Something your daughter knows and I dont. So Im gonna ask again. What are you not telling me?" Pepper asks.

Tony looked over at her knowing she should know the truth. Though he couldnt do that to her. Its bad enough that Willa knows he's dying. He cant put that same stress on Pepper too.

"I dont want to go home. At all. Lets cancel my birthday party and.." Tony says.

"I dont think this is the best time. We're in kinda a mess." Pepper says.

"Yeah, but maybe thats why its the best time." Tony says.

Tony was trying to convinces Pepper that it would be a good idea to not go home, but Pepper didnt want that. She knew they had a mess to fix and they couldnt run away.

"How is she?" Tony asks looking at his sleeping daughter.

"She isnt handling it things very well. Your attack, being left alone in a crowded room and having several panic attacks, being followed around by that ex of hers, knowing something that is clearly messing with her head. The list goes on and on Tony. She's 16 and she needs you now more then ever." Pepper says.

The two both looked at one another and then the sleeping teen.

"She's stronger the you realize Pepper. Though your the one she needs. If anything happens to me I need you to promise you will take care of her." Tony says looking at Pepper.

"Tony, its not like you leaving her anytime soon." Pepper says looking up at him.

"Pep, please." Tony says.

"Okay. If anything happens to you I promise you that I'll take care of her." Pepper says.

"Thank you." Tony says looking back at his daughter.

(Hammer's secret location)

Justin had freed Ivan and was planning on using him to make stronger and IronMan suit.

"I think if I may. You dont just kill that guy. You go after his legacy. That's what you kill." Justin says.

Justin was trying to make a deal with Ivan and Ivan agreed as long as he gets his bird.

"I want my bird." Ivan says.

"Well nothings impossible." Justin says.

"Hey dad about the party... Oh my god you got him, but without me. Why was I left out?" Jesse questions.

"Relax bud I had to act fast. He's agreed to help. Oh where are my manners. Ivan this is my son Jesse." Justin says.