"God, I have been foolish, I have been selfish. I needed to see that." The deer quietly sighed. "I have come back to you, to be with you and share my knowledge I have learned. About kindness, and selflessness."

"You weren't dumb Akito." I tell her. "We were young, we didn't know any better."

"I hope that we could be friends again, God. That you'd forgive me for leaving you." The deer asked.

For to long, I lead everyone to believe that I was a kind, caring person. But, I was a liar, and selfish. And I only ever did things for my personal benefits. I was a lot like Akito.

The God's heart was softened by the Deer's kind words and now kind heart. So God accepted her apology and her friendship. But on one condition, that neither God nor the Deer would harm one another, or grow jealous of the other.

"Akito, you and I, we're a lot more alike that you might think." Akito slides on the ground trembling under my words. "We have both done a lot simply for our own benefit. We lied and said we're kind, but we aren't. We're cruel and horrible. And we make the ones we love, lives' miserable. I am as guilty of this as you are." 

The Deer then went to her friend, the Dragon. And told him that his words had helped her grow and see the truth behind her ways. 

"No. No. Stop...." Just like the Dragon in the story. Hatori's words have brought me to the truth. They've shown just how awful I've been. Akito grabs the hem of yukata and buries her face in it.

The Dragon was glad to see the change in the Deer. "You truly are one of the greatest animals." He told her. "So few are willing to see the wrong they've done. I'm so proud of you."

"Akito, we have both failed to keep our promises, the promises we made to each other. And the original promise made by the deer and God." I tell her. "We've done to much harm to each other. But, I'm will to apologize and right my wrongs."

The Deer and the Dragon continued to be good friends. And God celebrated the Deer's return with another banquet. And this time, all of the animals came.

"No. No. I'm the one who's wronged you. And the others." Akito whispers. I sink down on the ground and let her rest her head on my lap. "You've always been so kind to me."

"I've not truly been kind. I've stood by and let you hurt and harm others. Including myself. When we were fifteen and I was told the truth behind the bond of the Dragon and the Deer, you constantly brought it up, you constantly terrorized me with it. And I said and did nothing. I let you walk over the friendship Hatori and I had once help. And I regret that, not for my sake, but for his." Everything seems to go back to him. 

"You really do love him, don't you? Outside of the curse?" She asks.

"I do."

"Is this why you're doing this? For him."

"I'm doing it not just for him, but for you." I stroke her coarse hair. For so long she's had to lie and hide about herself because of the curse. For so long she's been taught that she is above everything and everyone. She can do whatever she wants, whenever she wants, without any consequences, and it's destroying her. I saw the curse kill Akira, I've seen it turn Ren crazy, and Akito into such a deceived and sick person. I want to break the curse for her and for Hatori. I want to break it for the others. 

She continues to cry into my lap. Such beautiful tears, full of so much regret. Of so much pain. "Natsu?"

"Yes?"

"Will you.... would you forgive me? I've done so much wrong? Would you be willing to forgive me?" She looks up. 

"I already have." I sadly smile.

"Is she asleep?" Shigure comes back into the room. It's been nearly another since our conversation. And my cheeks are finally dry after crying so many tears. Although the skirt of my yukata is still wet from Akito's.

"Yes."

"I'm surprised that went so well. Barely any yelling." He sighs, sitting down next to me.

"It feels very weird to me. And almost like I'm being pranked, or it's all an act." I admit.

"No. I've never seen Akito let her gaurd down like this." He tells me. "You've truly out done yourself. Now?"

"Now, I will need to go to Hatori. Just like I've promised." I shake my head.

"And the curse?"

"I suppose it will be gone before we know it." I sigh. "If you don't mind. I'm going to go find him."

"No. You go. I'll keep an eye on Akito." He nods.