She unsealed the lotus and brought Xavier out, whose eyes were shut closed. She called the guards who carried him back to her hall. She watched as he lay on her bed and it reminded her of when he was young. He would have this terrible nightmares and she would have to sleep with him so that he would sleep well. She touched his face with her fingers and smiled. She couldn't believe that he was all grown up and he confessed his love for her.

He was going to face a lot of danger in the future. Her enemies would try to attack her using him and things would surely be nasty when it happens. She never wanted him to suffer because of her and yet she was happy to recall that he wanted to be with her no matter what. It felt good knowing that someone out there just loves her for who she was.

Nora brought in the bowl full of warm water and gave it to her. Valery scooped the towel out of the bowl and used it to wipe Xavier's face.

'The medicine will be here shortly,' Nora informed her.

'Okay and my bath?'

'I have it prepared already,' she replied.

'Okay, look after him and give him his medicine when it comes,' Valery said standing up.

'I will make sure he drinks it all,' Nora smiled at her.

Valery left her room for the bathroom to have her bath. Xavier hated medicine ever since he was young, it would be a huge fight to make him take it.

She entered the bathroom and removed her clothes before stepping into the bathtub. She was tired especially after guarding Xavier for three days and three nights. She didn't trust anyone around that flower and especially when Xavier was inside. Now she could sit tight and enjoy her bath. She could have a good sleep after that since Xavier was out of danger than before. She just hoped that he will be able to protect himself more now that the magic of the golden lotus was in him.

She closed her eyes and let the maids do their job. She was very relaxed when she felt very familiar hands massaging her shoulders. She must be dreaming since she was feeling that way. Missing someone so dearly was just a bad thing to make one have such lustful thoughts during the day. She opened her eyes and she saw those hands on her shoulders. The maids were no longer there. She held the hand and turned her hand and smiled.

'You are awake?' she asked him.

'Yes, I am. Thanks to you,' he said massaging her shoulders.

'You are not mad I did that to you?'

'How can I ever be mad at you? I know you did it for my good,' Xavier said smiling at her.

He had suspected that something was definitely wrong with him the second Valery's face changed that day. She wouldn't let anyone close to that lotus unless it was crucial. He was afraid of asking the real reason why she did it but it seems as if she read his mind.

'You were dying and I had to stop it,' she told him.

'What does that mean?' Xavier asked as he stopped massaging her.

'That night when I took you out of the inn, you were affected by the lotus's magic. I only realized it after you came back. I had to stabilize you and let you get used to the magic or else I was going to lose you. I can't stand that fact,' she confessed to him and he was touched.

She really cared for him even though she doesn't say it first. She wasn't good with words but at least he was good at figuring her out in his own way. He hugged her from behind and kissed the top of her head.

'I promised you that I will never leave you and I meant it. Thank you for saving my life every time,' he said.

'You are welcome. Did you take your medicine?' she asked him and he laughed.