7 - A New Story Begins

Agatha

It feels strange being back at school. I've tried to avoid visiting it, ever since the wedding. It's strange how a place that holds so much happiness also holds so much sadness. Although there've been countless requests from some of my old teachers to visit, I never have. The school is a chapter of my life I want to keep closed. Well, at least I did.

In a way, I'm glad that I could do this for Tedros, even though he for some reason decided not to tell me the details. Sophie really wasn't pleased when I had to leave her wedding rehearsal too but hopefully, I can make it up to her some more. The details of past Camelot weddings might just pull me through.

The tower stairs are so dark that I use my fingertip to illuminate the way. Professor Manley did look quite confused at my sudden appearance on the Evil side of school but he still let me through, warding off any Nevers who might lunge for me. Of course, they wouldn't do that but you can never be too careful.

Reaching the closed door to the room at the top of the tower, I reach out and knock twice. I'm nervous about who I'll find inside but my worries start to ease as I remind myself that whoever is behind this door, Tedros trusts himself. I really should have asked him something as simple as the person I was meeting but he basically sprinted away to meet King Dutra after I agreed to go in his stead.

There's a lot of rustling behind the door after I knock. Did Tedros actually tell this person that I would be meeting them? "Manley, I already said that I'd teach those Never creeps about my special talent, you don't need to keep reminding me!" I smile as I hear the familiar voice. Of course, they would be the unusual person that Tedros trusts.

The door opens quickly and the witch behind it takes a double-take as they see me. "Agatha! What are you doing here?" Hester asks, for once actually happy to see me.

"Tedros sent me in his stead, apparently it was urgent," I explain, not caring to dispose of the smile on my face at seeing someone who I really have grown close to over the years. Hester moves aside, gesturing for me to enter the room which I do. The room looks different from what I've seen it look like before. It no longer has the Sophie look and it more mirrors how it looked when Sophie was staying here with the School Master. I can instantly tell that a Never has made home here and to be honest, I think it looks cool.

"Agatha! Hester didn't tell me you were coming," I hear another familiar voice say. I look to the far side of the room and see Anadil come out from behind a wardrobe. I smile at the other witch, wondering why she was hiding.

I look back at Hester for an explanation but I then notice how she's changed her hair. Before it was long and black with streaks of red throughout. Now, it's a vibrant scarlet cut into a short bob that shows off her deadly sharp jawline. The second thing I notice is that she's wearing a satin black dressing gown. Quickly I turn to Anadil who I notice is wearing something nearly identical.

"Am I interrupting something?" I ask the two witches before staring at the bed with wrinkled covers near to where Anadil is standing.

"No." "Yes." Both the witches answer, interrupting each other. They give each other a small smile as both tell different tales. I smile too knowingly, at least I don't have to worry about the two of them.

Except, "I thought you were both supposed to be helping Dot and Maid Marian run Sherwood Forest?" I ask. Although the two witches are natural in their own company, it seems strange not to see Dot too. The three of them have always been the Coven, even though they don't always get along. I imagine the dynamic would be very similar, even though Anadil and Hester are now officially dating.

"It wasn't as amazing as we thought it might be," Hester answered.

"Dot seems to be taking it all in her stride. To be honest, she's managing so well there isn't a space for us"

"That's why we agreed to do this for Tedros. It was for us and definitely not for golden boy." The two witches stared at each other, already even more in sync than they were before. I can see clearly that the two of them are so in love with each other. In a way, it makes me sad that Tedros and I never really got to have any of this. With everything that has happened to us, there wasn't a chance to actually get to know each other before we started dating. No sooner than we confessed that we liked each other were we getting married. I'm glad that Hester and Anadil get to enjoy being together without the threat of the end of the world.

"So what is it that you want to show me?" I ask, trying to get back on track to the reason I'm here. Although I love being reunited with the witches, I want to try and get back to Camelot as soon as possible so that Sophie doesn't get too annoyed at my prolonged absence. Hester leads us towards this table at the other side of the room which intrigues me.

Then I realise why there was an urgent message for Tedros to get here. I feel my stomach drop as my eyes lock on the thing that has brought me so much heartache over the last few years.

The Storian looks the same as it did before. It appears that the burning of the other rings had little impact whilst Tedros' stayed strong. However, it's then that I realise something is different from when I first saw it at the end of my own fairytale: it is floating in the air, writing into a book. "The Storian has started a new story?" I ask, my eyes transfixed on the words appearing paired with the beautiful illustrations that swirl around the pages.

"Yes but it's strange," Hester says, leaning forwards towards the open book. "I've travelled to a lot of the magical realms and I don't recognise this one."

I feel my heart drop as I stare at the illustration, recognising it in an instant. "That's because this isn't a magical realm." I look back at the three witches, feeling a creeping sense of dread flow through me as memories of my own story flood back to me. "It's Gavaldon."

"Gavaldon. Isn't that the place that readers come from?" Anadil asks, looking at me confused.

"Yes. The Storian has started a new story but this time it's about a Reader."

A/N I just wanted to say thank you once again for all the support on this story. As I'm publishing this the fanfiction has 420 reads and 15 votes which just blows my mind. Honestly, I'm so happy that you're all enjoying this as much as I am. If you are, remember to vote for this story and leave comments as that really helps me a lot <3