6 - A Way Out

A/N So this was kind of unexpected. I'll be honest, I completely forgot about this fanfiction as I've been very busy with academic stuff and other writing projects. However, the other day I had a notification that people were still reading this and wanted more so I better give the people what they want! I can't guarantee that I'll update this regularly but I'll do my best.

Plus I kind of forgot what some of the plot was going to be and also just forgot the fact that all the characters are at least 18 if not 20 due to the year time jump so there might be a little more 'mature' without being mature content. Also, you'll probably see a little improvement on the writing part so if the tone and style changes in this chapter, it's because I'm continuing where I left off.

Thank you so much for your continued support and I hope you enjoy reading the future chapters in 'The School for Good and Evil: One Last Tale'

Sophia

Slowly, I open my eyes blinking in my surroundings. How did I get here? I can tell I'm lying down but I don't remember falling asleep. What's the last thing I remember? I was near the woods with Radley. Someone had broken through the barrier and I'd been pushed to the front. Frederick. All of that must have been some really realistic dream; I couldn't have seen him there. He's dead. If it was all a dream, how come I don't remember falling asleep?

I roll over to my left, to try and get a clearer idea of where I am. I'm definitely not at home but this place looks familiar. Why?

I get my answer when someone I definitely do recognise walks over to where I lay. "I'm glad you're awake Sophia. I was worried you would still be out for a while and I wasn't sure what to tell your parents."

"Why am I here?" I ask Radley's mother. I've met her a few times over the years and I've certainly been inside this house before. Maybe Radley brought me here and I fell asleep. That would explain the weird dream of seeing Frederick.

"Radley brought you here after you fainted. It was no wonder that you did, of course, seeing how much that boy resembles Frederick. I hate to imagine what would have happened to your parents if they saw him."

"It wasn't a dream?" No, how is that possible? Frederick is dead, I know he is and nobody would be able to look exactly like him. This must all be some kind of trick. Perhaps in the light, that boy looks nothing like my brother.

Radley's mother shakes her head. "He helped carry you here with Radley and has been insisting that he stay behind until you wake up. I'm sure he'll be glad that you're finally awake."

"He's here?" I immediately bolt upright, my head becoming unsteady at the sudden movement. Radley's mother reaches a hand towards me to help but I'm too busy trying to get my eyes to focus on the room.

Then I see him.

He's sat by the fire, his face illuminated by the flickering flames. I can feel my heart skip a beat as I stare into the face so familiar to me. How is it possible that he looks so much like Frederick? The strange boy must sense my eyes on him as his attention turns quickly towards me. It was so dark the last time we met that I didn't notice it but there is a difference between this stranger and my brother: the eyes.

The boy stares at me with gleaming blue eyes, so bright they can't help but pull you in. My heart relaxes as I realise there's a clear distinction between my brother and this stranger. However, at the same time, I can feel heat rising up my neck and cheeks as I stare into the eyes of the other person sitting close to me.

"Are you okay? You were out for quite a while," the stranger asks, leaning slightly forward towards me. I manage to nod my head as Radley's mother passes me a mug of water. Politely I take a sip, trying not to pull a face as the tang of it hits my tongue. "I knew I was quite the looker but I didn't realise that somebody would faint because of it." I know he's trying to make a joke from the hint of a chuckle in his voice but I just can't bring myself to laugh.

The boy clears his voice, obviously embarrassed that his jokey comment didn't land as he expected. "My name's Sebastian by the way. What about you?"

I hesitate slightly before I answer, "Sophia." My voice is quieter than I would have liked, all the confidence taken out of me. He really does look like Federick. I make sure to hang onto the different hue of his eyes, reminding myself that my brother hasn't returned from the dead.

"So Sophia," Sebastian starts, "if my good looks weren't the reason, then why did you faint?"

Slowly I take another sip of water noticing that Sebastian is a very inquisitive person. "You look like my dead brother, Frederick." I look up from my mug to see Sebastian falter. Whatever reason he had in his mind certainly didn't match up to reality. Before he becomes stressed I quickly add, "it happened a long time ago so please don't worry. I think it threw me off at first but I'm fine now." Sebastian allows himself to relax but he doesn't look back at me, rubbing his hands up and down his trousers in embarrassment. "Did you really come from the Woods?"

Sebastian instantly looks back at me, nodding his head, "Yes I did." He pauses before he adds, "I could take you there if you'd like."

"What?"

He leans in once more until there is hardly any space at all and whispers, "let's escape to the woods together."