ix. honey and chocolate

˗ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ˗

a nice shade of brown, like a mix of honey and chocolate.

𝟑𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟔

𝟑𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟔

   "HURRY UP, DOM," KATHRYN called from the entrance of the Slytherin common room, not allowed entry but deciding to stand by the door and call for her friend instead. It was the morning of the Hogsmeade trip, and Kathryn had still insisted on Dominique joining her and the Gryffindor girls on the trip instead of going with her usual crowd - Rosier, Mulciber, Avery, Lestrange, Snape and Regulus. Dominique would be lying if she said she was looking forward to it, which is why she was taking her time in getting ready. No point rushing for something I'm dreading to attend.

Walking into the common room, Dominique stood in the mirror one last time to make sure her outfit was suitable. She wore a black pinafore dress with a burnt umber turtleneck, with a matching coloured baker boy hat along with black ankle boots. On top of that she wore a afghan coat, as it was cold that time of year.

   "Calm down, Kathy, I'm here," Dominique grumbled, walking over to the door with her hands shoved in her pockets. Scanning what everyone else was wearing, she figured she had overdressed. But there was never a time Dominique didn't overdress, and she would definitely never be seen underdressed. "Morning."

The other girls responded accordingly, Mary and Lily seeming the most enthusiastic out of them. But it seemed another had joined their group, someone who Dominique recognised but hadn't spoken to. Dorcas Meadows.

   "I'm Dorcas," the girl introduced as if she had been reading Dominique's mind and facial expression. Nodding, the Slytherins girl reached her hand out and briefly shook the girl's hand, retreating it back into the pockets of her fur coat.

   "Dominique."

Wasting no further time, the girls walked out to Clocktower entrance where they were to wait before going to the carriages. In the meantime, the girls conversed amongst themselves, Dominique saying nothing but listening. Or at least pretending to.

   "Dom." Kathryn appeared beside the girl, a spring in her step as usual as she pulled Dominique a few steps away from the rest of the group. "I know I said it already but thanks for coming with us. I know you and the girls don't exactly get along."

   "No, we don't," Dominique agreed, lifting her hat for a moment to fix her loosely curled hair before placing the hat back on her head. She glanced over at Marlene, who was staring back even harder. "Remember when I jinxed Marlene in fifth year? I don't think she's gotten over it."

   "That happened only nine months ago, Dom," Kathryn reminded her. "And I'm sure you wouldn't get over it that quick either."

   "I suppose," Dominique admitted, allowing Kathryn to hook her arm through hers and link them together.