27. Nate Fick; Together

You leaned over the back of the couch and kissed Nate's cheek. "Hi."

He smiled as he turned to press his own kiss to your lips. "Hey. I was just starting to miss you."

"I've only been gone for a few hours," you laughed, walking around the couch to sit next to him. You settled into his side, a comfortable space that you tried to occupy as often as possible. "You were gone for months."

Giving you another kiss, he rested his forehead against the side of your head. "I know. I missed you then too." He breathed you in before leaning his head back. "You smell nice."

Giggling again, you scooted I'm closer to him. "Do I? I didn't really notice."

"Mmhm. Of course, most things smell nice when you've been breathing stale BO stench in the desert."

"Point taken. I'll just pretend you were complimenting me."

"I didn't mean to make it sound like... sorry," he sighed.

You offered him a smile. "I understood what you meant. What did you have for lunch?"

When he didn't answer right away, you shifted to look at him.

"It's 4 o'clock. You didn't eat lunch?" With that, you pushed yourself off the couch and gestured for him to follow suit. "Come on. We'll have an early supper. What are you feeling like?"

He shrugged, entering the kitchen behind you. "I don't care. I'll be fine with whatever you want."

"I want you to tell me what you want to eat," you insisted, as you opened the fridge. "I know there's something you've been really wanting."

Wrapping his arms around you from behind, he buried his face in the crook of your neck. "You," was his muffled answer.

"I can make pasta or salad or some chicken," you offered, pretending you didn't hear him.

He littered kisses along your neck, working his way back to your cheek. "Spaghetti. I want spaghetti." He loosened his grip on you enough for you to turn around to face him. "Is that alright?"

As you caught his blue eyes staring back, you smiled softly. "I love spaghetti. I don't know if we have stuff to make the sauce though. We can go to the store down the road and pick some up."

"Sounds good to me." He finally detached himself from you. "Let me put some shoes on, and we'll go."

You followed him back to the living room, and you couldn't help but watch him. He was home.

This was just me indulging my love for Lieutenant Nate Fick (as portrayed by Stark Sands of course; tho I'm reading Generation Kill rn and irl Fick and Gunny Wynn are literally my favorite people). Anyway, Ik it's super short but hopefully it's cute enough to make up for that? M'kay.

~Mariah