With a gentle but deep voice he said, "Cress you need to stop stressing over everything you'll make yourself sick. I know you'll do just fine tomorrow."

I nodded and stood up. With rocks in my hand I started to skip stones. Garrett did the same with a sigh escaping his lips. Garrett can always tell whats going on in my mind.

Oooh, I skipped 5. Then Garret skipped 10. I wrinkled up my face in playful annoyance. How can he do that. I shouldn't be surprise but somehow it always does surprise me.

Then, having an urge to tell Garrett my thoughts, I said in a gentle but slightly shaky voice:

"I know ... I have been trying but its hard not to think that I am different and that scares me a little. I don't think the bullying will bother me as much because I know they just want to pick on someone to make them feel big. But what I worry about is that they could be telling the truth." Tears threatened to spill down my cheek as I desperately tried holding them in. I won't be weak in front of him.

Strong arms enveloped me as he put his head in the crook of my neck. Feeling his steady breathing against my neck, I took a deep breath in trying match his. To my surprise, I didn't realize that my breathing was on the verge of hyperventilating.

Garret's calming scent of pine needles and warm campfire washed over me. Garrett is practically three times my size standing 6 foot 3. He's all muscle, but it comforts me.

Garrett always does this to calm me down. Its like he can feel me stressing out even though I try to hide it. He is one of the only people who really gets me. Not that my family and friends don't, its just easier with him somehow.

He's always there for me. Almost like an overly sweet and protective brother.

Garrett seemed to sense me calm down and slowly unraveled himself from me. He placed his hands on my shoulders and turned me around. With my short height, I look right below his chest.

I didn't look up at him because I was unsure what to say after feeling a little embarrassed.

Seeing that I didn't look up at him, he brought his long fingers and gently tips my chin up so I was looking into his eyes.

In a serious, but sweet voice, he says, "Cress, you are perfect just the way you are and don't let anyone or anything define you, ever. You got that." He said with a little more emphasize on "ever" and I nodded my head.

When he was content with my response, he ushered me back to the campfire keeping his hand on the middle of my back.

No one noticed that we left or if they did, they didn't let on that they saw. They know that our relation is a little different. After a few minutes, we all decided to pack up and head back since we start school tomorrow.

Garrett and his wolf allowed me onto his back again with the help of Lilac and her wolf. With Garrett in the lead, we all headed back to the clearing. As everyone changed back into human form, I grabbed my prank buckets and walked back to the Chief's son's house. (Aka the Alpha's house)

Jake and Jared soon caught up to me as they started to push each other around playfully. Boys will be boys. I smiled as I shook my head.

Jake saw me smiling and came over happily resting his arm on my head. "Jake!" I said with mild annoyance as I tried to duck from his arm.

Jake's eyes started to glint as he found something humorous to do. Jake asked, "Did you hear anything? It sounded like a squeak or something."(reference from Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Seuss)

Jared piped in with a noticeably cheerfully attitude. "No i didn't. I can't see anyone either." The twins started to look every which way trying to find the person who the sound belonged to.

I giggled knowing the boys were trying to cheer me up. "I am right here!" I exclaimed, faking anger. The boys stopped faking surprise as they looked at me.

Jared's eyes went wide as Jake said, "Whoa, when did you appear." Then we all bursted out laughing as we thought about how funny it was.

As I lead the way into the house a tall, slim women with long raven black hair,  dark brown eyes and a warm soft smile peaked her head from the living room. With an increasing loving smile from seeing her kids she went hurriedly over to them.

My mom came over and gave me a big wolf hug. I wrapped my arms around her inhaling her smell of flowers and fresh dew. Then she gave a bone crushing hug to each of my brothers.

Then a tall intimidating man stood well over 6 feet came into view. Ducking from the low ceiling, his black hair was in a braid down his back with a very minuscule amount of flecks of grey.

Anyone would know who his son's are because they are an exact replica. However, the father had more pronounced features.

"Daddy!" I said running and gave his waist a hug.

Chuckling, my father replied warmly, "Hey there Cressie." Patting my head before we broke our hug.

My father walked over to my mom's side and placed a kiss on her head before pulling her close. I smiled at the affection they gave each other.

I hope one day I'll be imprinted on and have a mate of my own. If, I mean, only if, I have one. Its said that the moon goddess gives everyone a mate good or bad. Oh, how I wish that I have one.

Knowing I probably should get ready for bed, I exclaimed, "I am going to get ready for bed. Gotta be rested for the first day of school."

I smiled trying to hide my doubts and expressed excitement instead. I think it worked because my family smiled. I ran quickly up the stairs to my bedroom on the second story.

Once in my room, I grabbed a pair of light weight pajamas, undergarments and ran into the shower. When I was done, I crawled into my comfortable bed and pulled the quilt to my chin.

Sleep quickly overcame me from the days events with my last thought of the moon's reflection glimmering on the water.

The School of Wolvesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें