M-03: RULES OF NATURE

Beginne am Anfang

"Clear the road!" the Faunus shouted. "This is official state business!" The figure didn't move. Instead, he continued to stand imposingly in front of the convoy, arms folded in front of him. A pale jacket covered his arms, and white pants adorned his legs, leading down to a pair of white boots with blue padding. Strange metal spikes protruded out from the front of his feet. The heat from the sun made his face blurry, but his deep blue hair was visible.

"That guy looks like trouble," Qrow grimaced.

"He kind of resembles a color-inverted Adam," Blake pointed out. "I don't see any bull horns, though. Maybe he's a human?"

"He's definitely not a Grimm," Tai affirmed.

The man took another step forward, showing that the front of his jacket was open, allowing his blue button-up shirt to be seen. His arms unfolded, as one of his hands reached up behind his neck. With a hiss, the stranger drew an icy blue sword, steam noticeably curling off the blade. He twisted the sword around in his hands, before bringing it up in front of his chest. His other hand hovered near the hilt. As his fingers came into view, large metallic bear claws could be seen protruding from each of his fingers.

"A bear Faunus?" Adam grunted. "Why would he be standing in the way of the White Fang?"

"I don't know, and I'm honestly afraid to find out," Sun confessed. "The metal claws are pretty cool, though."

"I said, clear the road!" the White Fang soldier barked. "We are authorized to use force, if you do n-" Suddenly, without any warning, the bear Faunus broke into a sprint, rushing towards the armored vehicle. The gunner immediately opened fire upon him, but to his amazement, the assailant weaved between the gunfire, moving too fast for the bullets to intercept him. With an audible growl, the bear Faunus leaped into the air, streaking towards the vehicle. The White Fang soldier positioned his turret upwards, keeping up his attack, but it did little good. Twirling his sword, the attacker deflected the few projectiles fired his direction, and then, with a powerful downward swing of his blade, the turret was sliced neatly in two. That wasn't the only thing he had cut, however, because as the force of his attacker caused the armored vehicle to pitch forward, the gunner was launched out of his seat, suddenly splitting vertically in half with a spray of blood.

"OH MY GODS!" Weiss screamed, covering her face.

"Holy shit!" Yang swore, terrified by what she had just witnessed.

"A-all that from a s-single strike?" Penny stuttered, unable to comprehend the events that had transpired.

As the White Fang soldier's bisected body flew over the bear Faunus, he quickly turned swung his blue sword over his head twice more, slicing the gunner's body into even more pieces, which all landed in a pile in front of him.

"That wasn't even necessary!" Ghira thundered, horrified and disgusted. "Did he just find it amusing to do that?!"

"He's a monster," Kali whispered, ears flat on her head. "A brutal, merciless monster!"

The remaining lead armored vehicle and one of the armored vehicles behind the limousine pulled around the bear Faunus, parking as their rear doors opened. Two squads of White Fang soldiers filed out of the vehicles, all of them equipped with military-grade firearms.

"Leopard One! U-Turn! Turning back!" Ilia cried into her Scroll, her skin stark white and her hair pale gray with fear. With a curse, Corsac quickly turned the limousine around, as the armored vehicle behind them did the same, racing away from the scene of the attack. This allowed Adam to watch as the bear Faunus turned around, revealing his face. He had a broad jaw and weathered cheeks, but most noticeable was a large scar over his left eye, that he highlighted with blue face paint. The bear Faunus regarded all the White Fang soldiers approaching him, and then he smiled.