#12 Jean hears it from Roger (THE END)

I'm walking towards the movie theatre to meet Kara. She likes late night shows. On my way someone bumps into me. It stings for some reason. "Sorry," he says and keeps walking.

  About four more steps later my vision starts to blur, and soon I black out. When I wake up, I'm sitting on a chair and my hands are tied behind. I can see a guy coming towards me but I don't see his face till he's close enough.

  I try to tear the rope my hands are tied with but I don't have enough strength in me. Whatever drug I was given, I'm still under its influence.

  Levi drags the chair next to him and sits in front of me. "Feeling better?" he asks.

  "What are you doing?"

  "You should've let it go, Jean. Why you had to care about who switched the drugs? Now James finally broke and gave my name. They know I instigated him."

  "My dad, and our Alpha, they won't let you get away with it."

  "I left here once and I can leave again. But before that, I've some unfinished business," he says, touching my cheek. His touch feels like thousand needles pricking me. "If you hadn't disturbed my plan, it wouldn't have come to this. I would've made you my Luna and we would've mated more... traditionally."

  "Why are you doing this?"

  "Roger needs to pay. If I can't get to him directly then I'll get him through you," Levi says grabbing my hair. "If he hadn't turned Dalton against me I wouldn't have had to leave."

  I start to laugh. Levi releases me and leans back, confused by my action. "So that was it?" I ask. "That was your plan? Bring Levi in, promising him a title, and use him to get what you want? To get Roger?"

  Kara steps out of the shadows. "Roger is already mine," she says in a cold tone I've never heard on her. "I just need to make sure you don't steal him from me."

  "Even if it meant Dalton or Roger could've lost their title to someone like Levi?" I ask bitterly. How could she gamble with our pack's future?

  "I don't care about titles," Kara says. "I don't care if Roger gets to be an Alpha or not. All I want is he stays mine. But you came in my way."

  "It's not my fault he's my mate!" I say.

  "No. But it is your fault for trying to take Roger away from me. You should've stayed away from him!" she shouts.

  "I did. He's the one who came–"

  Kara hits me across the face. "That's a lie. Roger loves me! He would never go near someone like you whether you're his fated mate or not."

  I smirk. "He was quite near me every time he fucked me."

  I won't say I'm not enjoying the look of shock on her face even in my current state. "No. You're lying," she says.

  "I'm not lying. But it's not like I've a proof either. But if you bring him here I can show you how we did it."

  She grabs my neck and starts to strangle me. I try to breathe but no air reaches my lungs. Levi pushes her away. "What are you doing? The deal was I could have her, not you kill her."

  "Then, take her! Take that bitch! I don't want her anywhere near my Roger."

  Levi forces me up from the seat and starts to pull me to the gate where I believe is a transport waiting to take us away.

  "Kara, Roger will know what you did!" I shout.

  "No, he won't," she says. "I almost died, remember? He would never doubt me. No one in their right mind will try to kill themselves."