Chapter Four Part B

The next morning the sun woke them up. It wasn’t long after they finished using the wash room that the elves came into their room with their morning breakfast.

            “At least the food’s not bad.” Shane said as he put his plate in his lap and eagerly began eating his food. Cass shook her head and smiled at Shane.

            Hayden walked over to the one window in their room and pushed back the wooden and glass shutters and in haled deeply.

            I do love the smell of this place. Hayden thought to himself. Celestial City was a beautiful place but with all the people and animals crammed in one place the smells could, at times, be overwhelming. Erskine had been the same way but with the constant odor of farm animals.

            Eytherka was different. The air seemed lighter and the smells that came from the forest around them were both strong and clean.

            All I smell are the green dragons and all their saddled deer that they don’t want me eating. I have to fly out of site of The Outpost just to get to a place that does not reek of green dragon. Hayden laughed at Draek’s complaint.

            “What’s so funny?” Cass asked.

            “It’s Draek, he is not very much of a morning dragon.” Hayden replied. Cass giggled and Shane nodded his head like he understood. They had all seen what his copper Rilora was capable of when she was unhappy.

            They got dressed in their grey outfits, it was still the only clothing they owned besides their armor, and grabbed their weapons as they made their way out of their room.

            As they came to the top of The Outpost, Kirin was waiting with their dragons. Hayden stopped abruptly as he realized who was standing in front of them and caused Shane to bump into him.

            “Your majesty.” Cass said, as a pleasantry and as a reminder to Hayden and Shane on how they were supposed to act.

            “Hello Cassidy, Shane and Hayden. I hope that the three of you slept well?” Kirin said.

            She is being too nice, she either wants something or something has gone wrong. Hayden thought to Draek. The large silver dragon nodded his head slightly.

            “Of course we did and now we are ready to spend the day flying around the forest.” Cass responded with too much friendliness. Shane gave Hayden a confused look that Hayden returned in kind.

            Hayden had no idea what kind of game Cass and Kirin were playing but both of them were taking it very serious.

            “Well I would be very honored to take you on a tour of this great land and help you to see the secret beauties that the forest has to offer.” Kirin continued her obvious dance with Cass.