Chapter Ten, part B

Hayden was flying back to Feren with Draek, deep in thought as he sat atop his silver dragon. Hayden watched the world fly by underneath him as he pondered what he had just seen.

Kirin had used her own dragon Nignra to show Hayden just how the green dragons were able to travel large distances quickly. Shortly after that her duties as queen took her away from Hayden and back to dealing with the elves that were now on their way to Out Post.

Kirin had strapped herself into her saddle and laid down till she was completely against her dragon. At her signal Nignra took off but not into the air, instead they jumped straight at a tree.

Hayden had watched in amazement as Nignra grabbed hold of the tree and climbed at a speed Hayden had only seen small furry animals, which dipped in front of your cart while you were ridding, get.

Nignra had jumped from tree to tree, seeming to barely make contact with the wood, and only using her wings for gaps that were too large to jump. The green dragon dove between branches like a fish would swim between rocks in a river, twisting and turning as they flew through the air.

Hayden was still running all that he had seen through his head when they finally made it back to Feren. As Draek neared the landing clearing, the elves had decided to leave the hidden entrance open because of how often the dragons were flying through it, Hayden saw Rilora and Shaylin's metallic heads raise up to greet Draek as he neared in to land.

They both seem excited to see you. Hayden said to Draek as he held on tight during their landing.

They are hungry and are ready to hunt. Hayden laughed at Draek's answer. The three metallic dragons had grown so close since they had left Celestial City. They still slept together in a big pile and they had gotten into a habit of only hunting together.

As soon as Draek was on the ground and had his wings folded in Hayden undid his straps and slip of his dragon. Well good luck hunting. Hayden said as he quickly undid Draek's saddle so his dragon could hunt without it.

When Hayden was finished two elves had made it over to him and took the saddle from him. Hayden hated to admit it but he had gotten used to having people help him take care of Draek, especially since Draek's shoulders now stood taller than Hayden.

Once the elves and Hayden had moved out of the clearing Draek jumped back into the air, causing a gust of wind to slam into Hayden and the elves. As Draek cleared the trees Rilora and Shaylin shot after him and the three dragons disappeared over the tree line.

Dragons don't need luck. Draek replied after he was out of site.

Hayden turned and left the clearing, making his way back to where his hut was located. When he arrived he noticed that all of his gear had been packed up and was laying in a pile outside of his hut. Cass and Shane's gear was likewise out of their huts.

When Hayden got closer to the huts Shane and Cass came out of Hayden's hut.

"Hey Hayden, how did it go with Kirin?" Shane asked.

"It went good but why is our stuff out here?" Hayden replied. He walked over to his pile and quickly looked it over to make sure everything was still there and that nothing was broken.

"With elves due to start arriving here over the next few weeks, Kirin thought it would be a good idea if we went back to stay at Out Post. There would be more room and that's going to be where she wants most of the dragon riders to stay anyways." Cass said while she made sure that her own pile was completed.

"That's a good idea I guess but why didn't she just tell me that herself when she saw me?" Hayden asked.

"Did you give her a chance to tell you or did your barge in there and start complaining?" Shane asked. Hayden did not answer right away and when he looked up from his pile both of his friends were staring at him.