Chapter Three, part A

“Do not be alarmed, your dragons are in no danger as long as they calm down.” One of the female copper riders told them. Hayden was trying to sift between what was going on with him and with Draek at the same time.

            Draek struggled with his anger as the four copper dragons forced him to the land. Shaylin seemed to not be bothered by the presence of the four new metallic dragons while Rilora snapped at the copper closest to her as she landed.

            Hayden guessed that the four copper riders must have been watching along with their own dragons because the moment that Draek touched the ground, Shaylin and Rilora having already been grounded, they spoke again.

            “That’s much better. Now as we said before we must discuss the boundaries that we are going to set for you involving Elizabeth The Golden’s punishment.” Hayden felt Draek’s anger continue to boil over as the copper rider spoke.

            “You three will remain here at the Outpost. There is a patrol group of Metallic Riders up north, they are investigating some problems the elves have been having with the dwarves but they should return soon. Until they get back you are not allowed to fly with your dragons. Your dragons are allowed to fly anywhere in Eytherka of course but you three must remain grounded.” The copper rider continued to tell them the rules but Hayden was not listening.

The same thoughts kept dancing through his mind; they had bought themselves a little more time to figure out their next move. The next day when the four copper riders said their farewells and left the Outpost it seemed that Hayden’s next move was made for them.

As they watched the four copper dragons disappear into the sky an elf who was supposed to be following them spoke up. “Come with me.” The elf commanded, leaving Hayden with no doubt that the elf was not to questioned.

The elf led them out the base of the Outpost tower and into the woods. Hayden might have questioned the elf or why they were being forced to the one place they had been told they were not allowed to leave but the forest held his attention.

Hayden had seen forests before, he had spent most of his last year training amongst the trees around Celestial City, but he felt like he had just stepped into a new world.

The trees grew unimaginably big, some big enough that Draek could have sat on the branches. The leaves and plants ranged from the lightest greens to almost black. From tiny leaves that Hayden had to get close to see them to ones so big Hayden thought they could be green roofs for a house.

Hayden heard the gasps of amazement from Cass and Shane as they crossed over a small river using a root large enough to use as a bridge. Hayden was so stunned by all the plants surrounding them that he almost didn’t notice the elves hidden amongst the trees.

At first Hayden only caught glimpses of the elusive elves as they darted in between trees, trying to get a better look at the Metallic Riders without being seen.

Draek I am not sure what is going on right now, I have no idea where they are leading us. Hayden informed Draek. Draek had gone out hunting earlier in the day, before the four Metallic Riders had left, and Hayden knew that Draek had chosen a river bed to rest in.