Chapter 10: Takes three to bond

Jonathan's POV.

First thing i did this morning after my usual morning routine which includes my personal hygiene and having a healthy breakfast, i made some few business calls and sent an email to my PA concerning my whereabout then had my driver take me straight to my family's mansion to pick up my siblings which now completes the first step in my attempts at rekindling our almost none existent relationship.

So far i have given them a full tour of my pent house which includes my room: being the master's bedroom, the guest room, the two extra rooms now occupied by them, the mini library, my office, the gym, the swimming pool at roof, the sitting room and the kitchen.

We're presently sitting in the dinning area which is conjoined with the kitchen having a very deliciously well made food cooked by my chef while chatting about things of interest like, school, hobbies, friends etc. that might help us get to know each other more which brought me making suggestions about a possible trip.

"What are you saying?" Emily asked while expectantly waiting for a reply and P.J quietly munche on his fries with little or no interest.

"I'm saying, school will be out for summer holiday probably before the end of the month and i'm really close to rounding up the diversity showcase for this year. So i'm thinking that...it wouldn't hurt for us to take a break and just relax a little, like maybe go on a vacation or something" P.J made no attempt at looking up from his meal while Emily is practically bouncing on her sit while saying.

"If its a vacation, say the ranch please! i have never been to one before; let alon spend a whole summer in one"
P.J glanced up for a brief moment after hearing Emily's words before going back to his meal.

"I don't know Emily...i actually thought about that but the ranch is currently under going some renovations and i don't know how long before its done" There's a visible trace of disappointment in her face as i finished talking.

"Can't you do something about it; you're the boss right?" Sighing deeply i glance at P.J as his attention is now fully directed at me before saying.

"Um sure, I'll see what i can do" Her mood brightened after i said that and i turned to my kid brother as i asked.

"What about you Parker, any place in particular you'd like to visit this summer?" He was taken aback by my direct approach to him but he managed to hold his own as he silently asks.

"Does the ranch have a basketball court?" I wasn't expecting that but by all means its ten times better than the silent treatment.

"No it doesn't but it wouldn't be a problem to fix one, i mean if you want me to" He looked away as my eyes caught his before saying.

"I don't have a problem with the ranch, if it has a basketball court" Emily ruffles his hair as he swat her hand away and i smiled before saying

"So everyone is in favor of spending the summer at the ranch then?" Emily nods with a wide smile as P.J nods slowly as he excused himself and left the table and i was staring at his fading figure when she said.

"Don't worry about him, he gets a little moody sometimes but he will come around" I muster a little smile as i nodded accepting her words as she says.

"He's a lot like you, you know? Taken by surprise by her words i can only ask.

"Oh really?" She laughs softly before saying.

"Yeah, he keeps to himself a lot even though he's just 8years old and i don't think he knows this, but he tries not to be a burden to anyone by not asking for anything or whine like most kids his age do. I guess its the Snow's family curse, the men are too proud to show weakness" I can't believe she'd drawn such conclusion from something so simple.

"Our family is not cursed Emily, we're just a bit different maybe" She watched me carefully before saying.

"Yeah, just different maybe" I don't have smart words stored somewhere that i could use to convince her that everything will okay but I'm certain i will do everything within my power to make things better for them.

"Are you good here by yourself? I need to check on P.J for a bit" She smiles while typing away on her phone as she gives me a thumbs up and i nodded with a little smile while walking towards P.J's room.

"Parker, are you awake?" I asked while knocking softly on his door and i heard a click as he opened it and stepped away from the entrance.

"That's the second time" He said while climbing into his bed and resting his body between the pillows and i was confused so i asked.

"Excuse me?" He points at a signed jersey of his favorite basketball team and i picked it up while using my fingers to trace his initials not really understanding what he's trying to show me as i looked back at him and he says.

"That's the second time you called me Parker today, everyone calls me P.J but you called me Parker twice" Afraid i might have upset him by calling him his given name instead of his nickname gotten from his first two names Parker Jason (P.J) i rushed to apologize and he shakes his head before saying.

"I like it when you call me Parker, mum calls me Parker too" Oh! This isn't about me then, this is about a kid missing his mum but not knowing how to go about asking to see her.

"Do you wanna talk to your mum on Skype? His pupils popped out at my question and he asked.

" Can i?" I chuckled quietly while ruffling his hair before saying.

"Of course you can, any time you want okay?" He nodded eagerly as he rushed and hugged me which i was surprised at first but i closed my hands around him and hugged him back with a smile, progress; we're making progress.