“How late are we leaving?” I wrapped my arm around her and walked her to the kitchen.

“In three hours.” She tried carefully, I opened the fridge and looked into it.

“Three hours? I have to pack.” I closed the fridge again, but also opened it afterwards as I realized I forgot to get food out of the fridge.

“Nah, I already did.” I grabbed some sandwiches out of the fridge and turned around to look at her.

“You’re amazing, do you know that?” I put the sandwiches on the table and seated myself across from her.

“Since day one.” She smiled proudly and I threw a lettuce leaf in her face.

“You go eat and say goodbye to your room and I’ll see you in three hours. OH and get some sleep you look like shit.” With that she stood up from the table.

“But wait.” I said letting half of the bite fall out of my mouth.

“Isn’t anybody going to tell me what is going to happen? I mean where are we staying, for how long?” She laughed and just walked out of the room, ignoring me completely.

“You’re not amazing anymore.” I yelled after her and I heard some mockingly short laughs coming from the living room. I grinned and finished my sandwich. I was excited but also scared, I mean I don’t know what can happen to me. And I don’t know what to do about the fact that I might leave without him knowing, it just started to get better.

What if I do something wrong in LA and something happens to me or another person, I can screw up everything about the bloodline. The fact that it’s all so secret and that I’m not the best one with secrets is probably the biggest problem. I can totally see me screw up everything and ruin a whole legacy spread across the globe. I can totally screw up the whole civilization, can’t I?

I stood up from the table and headed towards my room, mumbling in myself about all the things I could ruin. I do that a lot, every time that my mind is filled with bad thoughts I tend to talk to myself.

I looked at my messy room, which was even messier than how I left it this morning, a suitcase laying in the middle of my room with clothes laying all around it, instead of in it. It looks like the ordinary ‘Eve packing a suitcase’ trial, I stepped over the suitcase and jumped on my bed. All I wanted was get some sleep, but something made me stay up and wait. Wait for him to come, wait so I could get an explanation and just wait so I could see the moon rise. That last part was not going to happen though, I could feel my eyelids getting heavier and before I knew it I let myself fall back on my bed.

I was running through sand, my toes scrubbing the grains of sand with every step I took. I couldn’t feel it though, just like I couldn’t smell the sea. Every sea smells, except this one. I rushed by some people, all without a face. It started as running for pleasure now I was running out of fear, with people following me around carrying no face. I raised my hands as they brushed against a smooth surface, instead of the air I was expecting. I raised my feet as they brushed against the same smooth surface, instead of the sand I should have been feeling. I wanted to open my eyes but instead all I could hear was a heartbeat, not the crashing of the waves or the yelling from the people following me. I tried to control my body, but my body was somewhere else than my mind. I could see the beach but I could also feel my bed and something else.

“Are you okay?” Someone whispered and I snapped my eyes open, my head was laying on a black surface along with almost my entire body. I rolled off of the black body with a loud moan.

“How did I get up there.” I turned around again to look into the two red eyes.

“You were shaking so I held you in my arms.” Butterflies running through my stomach.

“I’m leaving.” He sighed.

“I know.” And he brushed some hairs out of my face.

“You have to tell me all the things I really can’t do.” I grabbed his hands and looked at the black leathered man. Now known as ‘freckles’ I laughed at the nickname.

“You can’t date anybody else, you can’t kiss anybody else and you are strictly not allowed to look at boys who are not wearing their shirts.” I laughed and played with his fingers.

“I’m being serious, I don’t want to jeopardize your whole bloodline.” He kissed the top of my head and smirked into the kiss.

“Me too, but you’re actually allowed to do whatever you want. Biologically spoken, but if you ask me you should be chained up to your bed.” I closed my eyes and snuggled into his chest again.

 “So I won’t kill anyone if I exchange my saliva with someone.” I tried to bring it as subtle as possible, but after I finished my sentence I realized I only made it sound worse than needed.

“Nope and neither will I.” A rush of jealousy flooding through my stomach.

“So you can smoosh around whatever you want?” He laughed loud and I placed my finger on his mouth.

“Shhst somebody will hear you.” And he bit my finger.

“I’m not going to ‘smoosh’ around, do you even know what it means?” I snarled at him.

“Yes I’m not stupid.” I know perfectly well that it means, sex. I’m not stupid. I looked at my alarm and realized we still had an hour before I leave.

“So do you know how long you’ll be gone?” I shook my head into his chest and enjoyed the moment.

“Is there a way I can contact you or are we just going to ignore each other for a long time?” I mumbled into his chest as I took in the familiar smell of sweat and sweet soap.

“What do you want?” He stroke my back.

“Let’s keep some fun and not contact each other, but just have each other’s number for emergencies.” I opened my eyes and looked at him, he pulled me up to his face and kissed me softly.

“Let’s keep it special.” He whispered between kisses, and I nodded into the kiss. Maybe this was not the most logical choice, but logic or not I knew it was going to make whatever we have more fun. And I was in for something special, as long as it meant being able to kiss these soft lips again sometime.