welcome to my life

"EVE CALM DOWN." Evangeline has been freaking out for the last ten minutes. I told her everything that happened two days ago. I have been sleeping, eating and talking to police officers for the last couple of days.

I called Eve this morning asking if she wanted to come over, I wanted her to come over sooner but that wasn’t possible. She is my best friend and she has been for all my life. But I needed my rest plus Nana wouldn't let anybody near me while I told her so many times I was fine. She had still been the strict old lady that she was but she has also been extra sweet to me but that's partly because my dad said she could only focus on me for as long as I needed her.

Nana has been my nanny for 13 years when my dad decided I needed to do things on my own and Nana had been sent to be head of the kitchen. I asked her so many times if she was okay with it and she would just nod. I knew she missed me but I also knew how much she loved being in charge and cooking, so it was a good decision of my dad to combine those two. 

"No I won’t for Pete’s sake. My goddamn only best friend has just almost died, and now I need to calm down." She was walking around my room back and forth annoying me like shit. Every time when she wasn't thinking clearly because she was mad or in love she would say all the things she thought and put a cuss word in almost every sentence she could bring out.

"You're being overdramatic, it was two days ago plus I'm still here you know?" I grabbed her by her wrist trying to pull her on the bed next to me but she pulled away roughly. She put her hand on her hand as she stared down at me, she walked to the other side of my bed and let herself fall down. I leaned back laying partly on and partly next to her.

"You do know that you can't leave me just like that, I would never ever forgive you if you did something like that. But being the brat you are you would probably do anything just to annoy me." She turned her head facing me, I looked up giving her a hurt face, I put my hand on my heart letting out a moan. 

"Ouch, Ouch. I'm gonna die just to annoy you." I joked at her as she slapped me softly letting out a chuckle.

"So you and Mr. Popular?" She said while going through my phone. I told her every little detail about what happened, I knew she was going to say something but I made myself mentally ready.

"You know I don't believe in superhero's let stand this one." I saw his grin appear in my face as I mentally went back to that day.

"I think man in tights look rather good if you ask me." She had grabbed her phone out of her pocket texting someone, she does that a lot. I may be used to it but I still think it’s rude, especially when she was just freaking out about me dying and now she has suddenly forgot about all of it.

"I didn't ask you to say a thing." She looked away from her phone giving me a glare. I chuckled at her stupid face.

"You know that you have to find a man soon, I mean before you know it your parents want you to stand in Catherine's shoes." she pushed herself up from my bed into a sitting position. I squinted my eyes at her as she knew what I was thinking.

My parents married early and now Catherina was also engaged at age 19, I had told Eve I was scared to end up like that being stuck with someone while you could have had the world at your feet. Eve felt the same way her parents married three months before my parents, although she didn’t had an older sister that was already engaged. Someday we promised each other that we would keep that from happening, but you never know what the future might bring.

"You know how I feel about this." I rolled over so I was now laying on my stomach.

"Yeah yeah, you find it hopeless to marry your high school crush when you have the whole wide world open for you." She stretched her hand waving it from left to right to indicate the whole wide world. I laughed at my best friend, while standing up from my bed.